Healthy Start Initiative: Eliminating Disparities in Perinatal Health (Border, Alaska, and Hawaii)
The summary for the Healthy Start Initiative: Eliminating Disparities in Perinatal Health (Border, Alaska, and Hawaii) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Health Resources and Services Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Healthy Start Initiative: Eliminating Disparities in Perinatal Health (Border, Alaska, and Hawaii): Under this program, grants will address significant disparities in perinatal health indicators in communities within 62 miles of the U.S. Mexico border or in Alaska and Hawaii. Communities must provide a scope of project services that will cover pregnancy and interconceptional phases for women and infants residing in the proposed project area. Services are to be given to both mother and infant for two years following delivery to promote longer interconceptional periods and prevent relapses of unhealthy risk behaviors.
|Federal Grant Title:||Healthy Start Initiative: Eliminating Disparities in Perinatal Health (Border, Alaska, and Hawaii)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Health Resources and Services Administration|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HRSA-12-017|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Healthy Start Initiative|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jan 27, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jan 27, 2012|
|Posted Date:||December 19th, 2011|
|Creation Date:||Dec 19, 2011|
|Archive Date:||Mar 27, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:||$2,032,545|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$750,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$595,620|
|Expected Number of Awards:||3|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- New applicants and existing competing continuation Healthy Start grantees whose project periods started on June 1, 2008 and will end on May 31, 2012. Please see Section III of the FOA for eligibility details.
- Grant Announcement Contact
Contact HRSA Call Center at 877-Go4-HRSA/877-464-4772;301-998-7373 or email [CallCenter@HRSA.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Supporting Healthy Start Performance Project
- • Healthy Start Initiative: Eliminating Disparities in Perinatal Health
- • Collaborative Improvement and Innovation Network on Infant Mortality (IM CoIIN)
- • Healthy Start Initiative: Eliminating Disparities in Perinatal Health (Level 2: Enhanced S...
- • Healthy Start Initiative: Eliminating Disparities in Perinatal Health (Level 1: Community-...
- • Eliminating Disparities in Perinatal Health
- • Healthy Start Initiative-Eliminating Racial/Ethnic Disparities
- • National Fetal and Infant Mortality Review (FIMR) Resource Center
- More Grants from the Health Resources and Services Administration
- • Increasing Organ Donation Awareness Program
- • Maternal and Child Health Interdisciplinary Education in Pediatric Pulmonary Centers Progr...
- • Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Part A Planning Council and Planning Body Technical Assistance...
- • National Genetics Education and Family Support Program
- • Advances in Integrating Genetics into Clinical Care