Healthy Start Initiative: Eliminating Disparities in Perinatal Health (Level 2: Enhanced Services Healthy Start)
The summary for the Healthy Start Initiative: Eliminating Disparities in Perinatal Health (Level 2: Enhanced Services Healthy Start) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Health Resources and Services Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Healthy Start Initiative: Eliminating Disparities in Perinatal Health (Level 2: Enhanced Services Healthy Start): This announcement solicits applications for the Healthy Start Initiative: Eliminating Disparities in Perinatal Health program. The Healthy Start (HS) program aims to reduce disparities in infant mortality and adverse perinatal outcomes by: 1) improving women¿s health, 2) promoting quality services, 3) strengthening family resilience, 4) achieving collective impact, and 5) increasing accountability through quality improvement, performance monitoring, and evaluation. HS grants are provided to communities with rates of infant mortality at least 1½ times the U.S. national average and high rates for other adverse perinatal outcomes (e.g., low birthweight, preterm birth, maternal morbidity and mortality) in order to address the needs of high-risk women and their families before, during, and after pregnancy. HS works to reduce ¿the disparity in health status between the general population and individuals who are members of racial or ethnic minority groups.¿ 42 U.S.C. § 254 c-8(e)(2)(B). HS services begin in the prenatal period and follow the woman and child through two years after the end of the pregnancy.
|Federal Grant Title:||Healthy Start Initiative: Eliminating Disparities in Perinatal Health (Level 2: Enhanced Services Healthy Start)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Health Resources and Services Administration (HHS-HRSA)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HRSA-14-120|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||March 31st, 2014|
|Original Application Deadline:||March 31st, 2014|
|Posted Date:||February 14th, 2014|
|Creation Date:||February 14th, 2014|
|Archive Date:||May 30th, 2014|
|Total Program Funding:||$4,800,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,200,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||4|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||February 14th, 2014|
- Category Explanation
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- This is a full and open competition. New applicants and competing continuations will be considered for this funding. An eligible applicant for funding in this competition under the Healthy Start program is any public or private entity, including an Indian tribe or tribal organization (as those terms are defined at 25 U.S.C. 450b). Community-based organizations, including faith-based organizations, are eligible to apply. An eligible applicant must have both direct fiduciary and administrative responsibility over the project.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration, HRSA Grants Application Center, 910 Clopper Road, Suite 155 South, Gaithersburg, MD, 20878
Contact HRSA Call Center at 877-Go4-HRSA/877-464-4772 or email CallCenter@HRSA.GOV
- Similar Government Grants
- • Supporting Healthy Start Performance Project
- • Healthy Start Initiative: Eliminating Disparities in Perinatal Health
- • Collaborative Improvement and Innovation Network on Infant Mortality (IM CoIIN)
- • Healthy Start Initiative: Eliminating Disparities in Perinatal Health (Level 1: Community-...
- • Promoting Preventive Health Services for Women
- • Eliminating Disparities in Perinatal Health
- • Healthy Start Initiative-Eliminating Racial/Ethnic Disparities
- • National Fetal and Infant Mortality Review (FIMR) Resource Center
- More Grants from the Health Resources and Services Administration
- • Increasing Organ Donation Awareness Program
- • Maternal and Child Health Interdisciplinary Education in Pediatric Pulmonary Centers Progr...
- • Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Part A Planning Council and Planning Body Technical Assistance...
- • National Genetics Education and Family Support Program
- • Advances in Integrating Genetics into Clinical Care