Human Brown Adipose Tissue: Methods for Measurement of Mass and Activity (R21)
The summary for the Human Brown Adipose Tissue: Methods for Measurement of Mass and Activity (R21) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Human Brown Adipose Tissue: Methods for Measurement of Mass and Activity (R21): Purpose. This FOA issued by the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases and the National Institutes of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering, National Institutes of Health, solicits applications for Exploratory/Development Research Grants (R21) to develop tools and methods capable of measuring the mass of brown adipose tissue (BAT) in human populations (e.g. amounts in different depots, amounts mixed in with WAT and muscle); to develop new tools to modulate and measure the metabolic activity of human BAT, or to develop additional markers of human BAT tissue mass or activity. Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the NIH Exploratory/Development Research (R21) grant mechanism. Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. The total amount of funding that the IC expects to award through this announcement is up to $3.45 million, to fund approximately 10-12 awards.
|Federal Grant Title:||Human Brown Adipose Tissue: Methods for Measurement of Mass and Activity (R21)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Food and Nutrition Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-DK-10-002|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Discovery and Applied Research for Technological Innovations to Improve Human Health|
|Current Application Deadline:||Nov 11, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Nov 11, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Dec 04, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Dec 04, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Dec 12, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$3,450,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Perception and Cognition Research to Inform Cancer Image Interpretation (R01 Clinical Tria...
- • Team-Based Design in Biomedical Engineering Education (R25 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • ImmuneChip: Engineering Microphysiological Immune Tissue Platforms (U01 Clinical Trial Not...
- • Resources for Technology Dissemination (U24 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Physical Sciences-Oncology Network (PS-ON): Physical Sciences-Oncology Projects (PS-OP) (U...
- • Exploratory Grants (P20) for NIBIB Quantum Projects
- • Nibib Research Supplements to Promote Clinical Resident Research Experiences
- • Innovation in Molecular Imaging Probes
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...