Improving the Capacity of University Based Medical Education and Superior Training Institutions to Provide High-Quality Education in the Republic of Mozambique Under the Presidents Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief
The summary for the Improving the Capacity of University Based Medical Education and Superior Training Institutions to Provide High-Quality Education in the Republic of Mozambique Under the Presidents Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Improving the Capacity of University Based Medical Education and Superior Training Institutions to Provide High-Quality Education in the Republic of Mozambique Under the Presidents Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief: Under the leadership of the US Global AIDS Coordinator, as part of the President's Emergency Plan, developing the capacity of the health systems to serve the needs of the population is of key importance. A critical component of this emphasis on developing sustainable health services is strengthening higher education institutions. HHS/CDC will focus on providing support to government-supported and private superior training institutions and university medical education programs to support the creation of high quality graduates. Strengthening of these institutions will be accomplished through revision of curricula, as needed; faculty development (technical and increased teaching skills capacity); purchase of teaching and reference materials, clinical equipment for practicum's and minor renovations; salaries for part-time classroom and field supervisors; student transportation and accommodation to practicum sites; provision of scholarships; and improving the teaching skills of classroom and field faculty.
|Federal Grant Title:||Improving the Capacity of University Based Medical Education and Superior Training Institutions to Provide High-Quality Education in the Republic of Mozambique Under the Presidents Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-PS10-1084|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Global AIDS|
|Current Application Deadline:||Apr 20, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Apr 20, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Feb 19, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Feb 19, 2010|
|Archive Date:||May 20, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$2,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||2|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants that can apply for this funding opportunity are listed below: Public nonprofit organizations Private nonprofit organizations For profit organizations Small, minority, women-owned business Universities Colleges Research institutions Hospitals Community-based organizations Faith-based organizations Federally recognized Indian tribal organizations Alaska Native tribal governments Indian tribes Tribal Epidemiology centers Indian tribal organizations State and local governments or their Bona Fide Agents (this includes the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, the Commonwealth of the Northern Marianna Islands, American Samoa, Guam, the Federated States of Micronesia, the Republic of the Marshall Islands, and the Republic of Palau) Political subdivisions of States (in consultation with States) Non-domestic (non U.S.) entity A Bona Fide Agent is an agency/organization identified by the state as eligible to submit an application under the state eligibility in lieu of a state application. If applying as a bona fide agent of a state or local government, a letter from the state or local government as documentation of the status is required. Attach with "Other Attachment Forms" when submitting via www.grants.gov.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- PGO TIMS grants Phone 770-488-2700
GENERAL EMAIL [PGOTIM@CDC.gov]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Provision of Expanded High Quality HIV/STIs Prevention, Care, and Treatment Services in Tr...
- • Strengthening HIV Strategic Information Activities in the Republic of Senegal under the Pr...
- • Supporting Implementation of HIV and TB Services for Epidemic Control in the Republic of M...
- • Advancing National Public Health Institutes Globally
- • To Support the Uganda Ministry of Health to Execute its Core Mandate for a Harmonized and ...
- • Expansion and Support of HIV/AIDS/STI/TB Information, Education, and Communication and Beh...
- • Increasing Access to HIV Counseling and Testing (VCT) and Enhancing HIV/AIDS Communication...
- • Cooperative Agreement for Global Capacity through Internation NGO Partnership
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2