Inclusiveness in a Democratic Society
The summary for the Inclusiveness in a Democratic Society grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Ecuador USAID Quito, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Inclusiveness in a Democratic Society: The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Mission in Ecuador (USAID/Ecuador) is seeking concept papers from legally registered local entities in Ecuador who are working on the inclusion of minority groups such as those representing women, Afro-Ecuadorians, youth, persons with disabilities (PWD) and people in the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgendered and Intersex (LGBTI) community to implement activities to support the Inclusiveness in a Democratic Society Project. Subject to availability of funds, the United States Government intends to fund approximately 2-5 grants (in total) lasting from 1 to 2 years under this RFA. USAID however, reserves the right to enter into more, or not to enter into any awards. The award(s) will be made in accordance with evaluation procedures provided in Section 5. Application Review Information. USAID intends to provide approximately $400,000 (between $50,000 to $150,000 per award).
|Federal Grant Title:||Inclusiveness in a Democratic Society|
|Federal Agency Name:||Ecuador USAID Quito|
|Grant Categories:||Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Earmark|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-518-13-000003|
|Type of Funding:||Other|
|CFDA Descriptions:||USAID Foreign Assistance for Programs Overseas|
|Current Application Deadline:||Apr 08, 2013|
|Original Application Deadline:||Apr 08, 2013|
|Posted Date:||Feb 05, 2013|
|Creation Date:||Mar 22, 2013|
|Archive Date:||May 08, 2013|
|Total Program Funding:||$400,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$150,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$50,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||3|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- 1. ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS Because this program is also intended to strengthen the capacity of local organizations, in order to be considered for award, in addition to the technical area described above, an applicant must: 1) if a for-profit organization, - be organized under the laws of Ecuador, - have its principal place of business in Ecuador, and - be majority beneficially owned by individuals who are citizens or lawful permanent residents of Ecuador, or 2) if a not-for-profit organization, - be organized under the laws of Ecuador, - have its principal place of business in Ecuador, and - be managed by a governing body, the majority of whom are citizens or lawful permanent residents of Ecuador. 3) Have been in operation as a local Ecuadorian organization for no less than three years immediately preceding the date of application.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Esteban Proano Acquistion and Assistance Spec
- Similar Government Grants
- • Youth Empowerment Activity
- • Country Health Information Systems and Data Use (CHISU)
- • GIR'ITEKA (Be Respected) Health Activity
- • Input into Planning for USAID/Lebanon Office of Economic Growth on Trade and Financial Inc...
- • USAID/Senegal School Water Integrated Solutions for Health
- • Textbook and Learning Materials Program
- • Field-Support Program
- • FY-2005 Disaster Response Initiative in Northeast Sudan
- More Grants from the Ecuador USAID Quito
- • Conservation of Key Ecosystems for Improved Watershed Management.
- • Improving Ecuador's Coastal Parks thru Short Term Employment of Flooding Victims
- • Conservation of the Galapagos Marine Reserve: Proposed Investment Priorities for Usaid/Ecu...
- • Communications Program to Conserve Ecuadorian Andean Protected Areas and the Water that th...