Initiatives to Educate State Officials about Priority Public Health Issues Related to Wellness and the Prevention and Control of Chronic Diseases
The summary for the Initiatives to Educate State Officials about Priority Public Health Issues Related to Wellness and the Prevention and Control of Chronic Diseases grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Initiatives to Educate State Officials about Priority Public Health Issues Related to Wellness and the Prevention and Control of Chronic Diseases: The purpose of the program is to fund national public and private non-profit organizations to provide Capacity Building Assistance (CBA) that supports a national framework to prevent chronic diseases and promote health, including prevention of priority risk behaviors among youth.
|Federal Grant Title:||Initiatives to Educate State Officials about Priority Public Health Issues Related to Wellness and the Prevention and Control of Chronic Diseases|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-DP08-803|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention_Investigations and Technical Assistance|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Feb 01, 2008|
|Posted Date:||Dec 18, 2007|
|Creation Date:||Feb 01, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Mar 16, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:||$681,250|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||3|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants that can apply for this funding opportunity are listed below: Project Area One - National non-profit (501C) organizations that consist of requisite memberships representing governors from all 50 states and territories. The applicant organizations must provided information, education, publications, and networking forums to Governors and their staff. Project Area Two - National non-profit (501C) organizations that work with State Legislators and relevant health committee experts and consist of requisite memberships representing legislatures from all 50 states and territories. The applicant organizations must have provided information, education, publications, and networking forums to state legislatures, relevant legislative committees and their staff. Project Area Three - National non-profit (501C)organizations that have supported state health programs, including State and territorial health officials, State Medicaid officials, State employee health benefit directors, State health insurance officials, public health educators etc.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Procurement and Grants Office (PGO)
Technical Information Management Section (TIMS)
Phone 770-488-2700 firstname.lastname@example.org PGO, Technical Information Management Section
- Similar Government Grants
- • National Foundation for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • Strengthening the Nation's Public Health Communication Infrastructure to Respond to C...
- • Technical Collaboration to Strengthen and Expand Capacity to Assess, Prevent, and Mitigate...
- • Advancing the Centers of Excellence in Newcomer Health
- • Epidemiology of Lupus: Longitudinal Studies in Population-Based Cohorts
- • Postdoctoral Fellowship Training Program in Infectious Diseases
- • A Cooperative Agreement to Improve the Interaction Between Public Health Academicians and ...
- • A Cooperative Agreement to Strengthen Collaboration Between the Disciplines of Academic Me...
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2