Innovative, Comprehensive, Cost-effective and Locally Sustainable Community and Facility HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment Services for Epidemic Control in the Republic of Zimbabwe under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)
The summary for the Innovative, Comprehensive, Cost-effective and Locally Sustainable Community and Facility HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment Services for Epidemic Control in the Republic of Zimbabwe under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control - CGH, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Innovative, Comprehensive, Cost-effective and Locally Sustainable Community and Facility HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment Services for Epidemic Control in the Republic of Zimbabwe under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR): The Award Ceiling for Year 1 is 0 (none). CDC anticipates an Approximate Total Fiscal Year Funding amount of $7,000,000 for Year 1, subject to the availability of funds. Zimbabwe has made considerable progress toward achieving HIV epidemic control and PEPFAR 95-95-95 targets, estimated at 74-87-86 in 2016. An estimated 1.33 million people in Zimbabwe are living with HIV (PLHIV) with an overall prevalence of 14% in the 15-49 age group. However, gaps remain in diagnosing and treating men <35 years, HIV prevention services for women <25 years, prevention of vertical HIV transmission, tuberculosis (TB) prevention, cervical cancer screening (CCS) and treatment of women 25-49 years on antiretroviral therapy (ART) in PEPFAR sites, viral load (VL) suppression among children and adolescents, and retention of patients in care across all age groups. The objective of this NOFO is for the recipient to support the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MOHCC) in addressing program gaps, providing a comprehensive HIV prevention, testing, treatment, and care and support program to reach and sustain epidemic control. The support includes, targeted and innovative case finding strategies, implementation of “treat all” with optimized ART, prioritization of children and adolescents for VL monitoring, TB preventive therapy (TPT) expansion, roll-out of CCS, and implementation of differentiated ART to strengthen adherence and retention. The recipient will support efforts towards elimination of mother-to-child transmission (eMTCT) of HIV. The recipient will work in CDC-supported provinces and districts, subject to change based upon disease burden and programming gaps.
|Federal Grant Title:||Innovative, Comprehensive, Cost-effective and Locally Sustainable Community and Facility HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment Services for Epidemic Control in the Republic of Zimbabwe under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control - CGH (HHS-CDC-CGH)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-GH20-2082|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||March 9th, 2020|
|Original Application Deadline:||March 9th, 2020|
|Posted Date:||January 9th, 2020|
|Creation Date:||January 9th, 2020|
|Archive Date:||April 8th, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:||$0|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||February 7th, 2020|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Emily Dale
- Similar Government Grants
- • Scaling Capacity in Strategic and Health Information Systems in Mozambique under the Presi...
- • Accelerating and Sustaining HIV Epidemic Control and Related Diseases in Western and West-...
- • Improving Quality of Care and Health Impact through Innovative Systems and Technologies in...
- • Achieving and Maintaining Epidemic Control through Comprehensive HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care...
- • Enhancing Strategic Information Capacity for HIV/AIDS Programs towards Sustaining Epidemic...
- • Expansion and Support of HIV/AIDS/STI/TB Information, Education, and Communication and Beh...
- • Increasing Access to HIV Counseling and Testing (VCT) and Enhancing HIV/AIDS Communication...
- • Cooperative Agreement for Global Capacity through Internation NGO Partnership
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control - CGH
- • Global Health Security Partnerships: Expanding and Improving Public Health Laboratory Stra...
- • Protecting and Improving Public Health Globally: Building and Strengthening Public Health ...
- • Tanzania Global Health Security Partner Engagement: Advancing Efforts and Strategies to Pr...
- • Advancing Ethiopias Capacity for Laboratory, Workforce Development, Surveillance, and Emer...
- • Strengthening Laboratory Systems to Establish Routine Laboratory based surveillance for Pr...