Innovative Toxicity Assays of Pollutants, Therapeutics, and Drugs (SBIR [R43/R44])
The summary for the Innovative Toxicity Assays of Pollutants, Therapeutics, and Drugs (SBIR [R43/R44]) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Innovative Toxicity Assays of Pollutants, Therapeutics, and Drugs (SBIR [R43/R44]): -Purpose. This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) encourages Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) grant applications from small business concerns (SBCs) that propose to develop, standardize, and validate new and innovative assays, integrated strategies, or batteries of assays that determine or predict specific organ toxicities (e.g., ocular, dermal, hematotoxicity, cardiotoxicity, gastrointestinal toxicity, hepatotoxicity, nephrotoxicity, ototoxicity, olfactory loss, bladder toxicity, neurotoxicity, pulmonary toxicity, endocrine toxicity, and pancreatic beta cell toxicity), resulting from both acute and chronic exposures to various chemicals, environmental pollutants, biologics and therapeutic molecules or drugs. In addition, this FOA encourages the development, standardization, and validation of new models of arthritis, convulsion, infection and shock. New approaches for high throughput toxicity screening that involves the use of molecular endpoints, computer modeling, proteomics, genomics and epigenomics and the development of virtual tissues are also encouraged as are development of 3-dimensional organ models for toxicity evaluation. -Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the SBIR (R43/R44) grant mechanisms for Phase I, Phase II, and Fast-Track applications and runs in parallel with a FOA of identical scientific scope, PA-09-007, which encourages applications under the Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) (R41/R42) grant mechanisms.
|Federal Grant Title:||Innovative Toxicity Assays of Pollutants, Therapeutics, and Drugs (SBIR [R43/R44])|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Environment Food and Nutrition Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PA-09-006|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Environmental Health|
|Current Application Deadline:||Sep 07, 2009|
|Original Application Deadline:||Sep 07, 2009|
|Posted Date:||Oct 07, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Jan 26, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Oct 08, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Small businesses
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Organotypic Culture Models developed from Experimental Animals for Chemical Toxicity Scree...
- • Environmental Risks for Psychiatric Disorders: Biological Basis of Pathophysiology (R21 Cl...
- • Environmental Risks for Psychiatric Disorders: Biological Basis of Pathophysiology (R01 Cl...
- • The Intersection of Sex and Gender Influences on Health and Disease (R01 Clinical Trial Op...
- • Limited Competition: Specialized Centers of Excellence on Environmental Health Disparities...
- • Outstanding New Environmental Scientist Award (ONES)
- • Environmental Health Sciences Core Center Grants
- • Leiomyomata Uteri: Basic Science and Translational Research
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...