Integrated Research, Education, and Extension Competitive Grants Program - Methyl Bromide Transitions
The summary for the Integrated Research, Education, and Extension Competitive Grants Program - Methyl Bromide Transitions grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institute of Food and Agriculture, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Integrated Research, Education, and Extension Competitive Grants Program - Methyl Bromide Transitions: This RFA solicits applications for the Integrated Research, Education, and Extension Competitive Grants Program, Methyl Bromide Transitions (MBT). Methyl Bromide has been a pest and disease control tactic critical to agricultural, industrial, natural resource or urban pest management systems for decades. The MBT program seeks to solve critical agricultural issues, priorities, or problems through the integration of research, education, and extension activities. It is designed to address immediate needs, and the costs of transition that have resulted from the loss of availability of methyl bromide.
|Federal Grant Title:||Integrated Research, Education, and Extension Competitive Grants Program - Methyl Bromide Transitions|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institute of Food and Agriculture|
|Grant Categories:||Agriculture Education Environment Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||USDA-NIFA-ICGP-003790|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Integrated Programs|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jun 19, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 19, 2012|
|Posted Date:||May 09, 2012|
|Creation Date:||May 09, 2012|
|Archive Date:||Jul 19, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,900,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Colleges and universities (as defined in section 1404 of NARETPA) (7 U.S.C. 3103) are eligible to submit applications for the Methyl Bromide Transitions (MBT) Competitive Grants Program. Section 1404 of NARETPA was amended by section 7101 of the Food, Conservation, and Energy Act of 2008 (FCEA) to define Hispanic-serving Agricultural Colleges and Universities (HSACUs) (see Part III, B. and Part VIII, E. for more information), and to include research foundations maintained by eligible colleges or universities.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIFA Help Desk Phone: 202-401-5048 Business hours are M-F, 7:00 am -5:00 pm ET, excluding Federal holidays
If you have any questions related to preparing application content [email@example.com ]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Organic Transitions
- • Methyl Bromide Transition Program
- • Integrated Research, Education, and Extension Competitive Grants Program: National Integra...
- • Integrated Organic Program
- • Integrated Research, Education, and Extension Service Competitive Grants Program: Methyl B...
- More Grants from the National Institute of Food and Agriculture
- • Higher Education Challenge (HEC) Grants Program
- • Hispanic-Serving Institutions - Education Grants Program
- • Scholarships for Students at 1890 Institutions Program (1890 Scholarships) RFA
- • Distance Education Grants Program for Institutions of Higher Education in Insular Areas (D...
- • Specialty Crop Research Initiative Pre-Applications