Integrated Research, Education, and Extension Competitive Grants Program - Methyl Bromide Transitions
The summary for the Integrated Research, Education, and Extension Competitive Grants Program - Methyl Bromide Transitions grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institute of Food and Agriculture, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Integrated Research, Education, and Extension Competitive Grants Program - Methyl Bromide Transitions: The methyl bromide transitions program addresses the immediate needs and the costs of transition that have resulted from the scheduled phase-out of the pesticide methyl bromide. Methyl bromide has been a pest and disease control tactic critical to pest management systems for decades for soilborne and postharvest pests. The program focuses on integrated commercial-scale research on methyl bromide alternatives and associated extension activity that will foster the adoption of these solutions. Projects should cover a broad range of new methodologies, technologies, systems, and strategies for controlling economically important pests for which methyl bromide has been the only effective pest control option. Research projects must address commodities with critical issues and include a focused economic analysis of the cost of implementing the transition on a commercial scale.
|Federal Grant Title:||Integrated Research, Education, and Extension Competitive Grants Program - Methyl Bromide Transitions|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institute of Food and Agriculture|
|Grant Categories:||Agriculture Education Environment Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||USDA-NIFA-ICGP-004257|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Integrated Programs|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 21, 2013|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 21, 2013|
|Posted Date:||Apr 19, 2013|
|Creation Date:||Apr 19, 2013|
|Archive Date:||Jun 20, 2013|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,900,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$50,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Applications may be submitted by colleges and universities (as defined in section 1404 of NARETPA) (7 U.S.C. 3103) to the Methyl Bromide Transitions (MBT) Competitive Grants Program. Section 1404 of NARETPA was amended by section 7101 of the Food, Conservation, and Energy Act of 2008 (FCEA) to define Hispanic-serving Agricultural Colleges and Universities (HSACUs) (see Part III, B. and Part VIII, E. for more information), and to include research foundations maintained by eligible colleges or universities.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIFA Help Desk Phone: 202-401-5048 Business hours are M-F, 7:00 am -5:00 pm ET, excluding Federal holidays
If you have any questions related to preparing application content [email@example.com ]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Organic Transitions
- • Methyl Bromide Transition Program
- • Integrated Research, Education, and Extension Competitive Grants Program: National Integra...
- • Integrated Organic Program
- • Integrated Research, Education, and Extension Service Competitive Grants Program: Methyl B...
- More Grants from the National Institute of Food and Agriculture
- • Higher Education Challenge (HEC) Grants Program
- • Hispanic-Serving Institutions - Education Grants Program
- • Scholarships for Students at 1890 Institutions Program (1890 Scholarships) RFA
- • Distance Education Grants Program for Institutions of Higher Education in Insular Areas (D...
- • Specialty Crop Research Initiative Pre-Applications