Interdisciplinary Research on Oral Manifestations of HIV/AIDS in Vulnerable Populations (P01)
The summary for the Interdisciplinary Research on Oral Manifestations of HIV/AIDS in Vulnerable Populations (P01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Interdisciplinary Research on Oral Manifestations of HIV/AIDS in Vulnerable Populations (P01): -Purpose. The primary goal of this funding opportunity announcement (FOA) is to drive interdisciplinary research to study the oral manifestations and complications associated with HIV/AIDS-related immunosuppression in vulnerable populations, including children and adolescents. The applicants are expected to develop highly integrated projects that comprehensively address the existing gaps in knowledge of the epidemiology, prevention and pathogenesis of the oral complications of HIV disease and that promote interventions that could reduce the burden of disease among disproportionately affected racial and ethnic minority communities. Regardless of the theme, projects in each multidisciplinary program will be expected to be synergistic and to utilize cutting-edge approaches such as genomics, proteomics, molecular imaging and other emerging technologies to achieve their goals. In addition, it is expected that these projects will provide interdisciplinary career development opportunities for investigators new to the field of oral AIDS. Applicants are encouraged to include pediatric/adolescent populations in their research. -Mechanism of Support. This FOA will use the NIH Program Project (P01) award mechanism.
|Federal Grant Title:||Interdisciplinary Research on Oral Manifestations of HIV/AIDS in Vulnerable Populations (P01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-08-117|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Oral Diseases and Disorders Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 13, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Mar 20, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Dec 02, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Dec 03, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:||$4,800,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education County governments Independent school districts Private institutions of higher education For profit organizations other than small businesses Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Special district governments Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) State governments Public and State controlled institutions of higher education City or township governments Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Small businesses
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are not eligible to apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...
- • Specialized Programs of Research Excellence (SPOREs) in Human Cancers for Years 2021, 2022...
- • HEAL Initiative: Non-addictive Analgesic Therapeutics Development [Small Molecules and Bio...
- • Emergency Awards RADx-RAD: Novel Biosensing for Screening, Diagnosis and Monitoring of COV...
- • Emergency Awards RADx-RAD: Screening for COVID-19 by Electronic-Nose Technology (SCENT) (U...
- • Epidemiological and Behavioral Research in Oral Health
- • Metagenomic Analyses of the Oral Microbiome
- • Phase Iii Clinical Trials in Oral Infectious Diseases
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Administrative Resource...
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Research Resource (U24)...
- • New Cohorts for Environmental Exposures and Cancer Risk (CEECR; UG3/UH3 Clinical Trial Not...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH2/UH3 Clinical ...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH3 Clinical Tria...