International Emerging Infections Program Surveillance in Thailand
The summary for the International Emerging Infections Program Surveillance in Thailand grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
International Emerging Infections Program Surveillance in Thailand: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) announces the availability of fiscal year (FY) 2008 funds for a cooperative agreement program for the International Emerging Infections Program in Thailand. The purpose of the program is to provide assistance to the Thailand Ministry of Public Health to conduct population-based surveillance for emerging infections in Thailand in collaboration with the International Emerging Infections Program (IEIP).
|Federal Grant Title:||International Emerging Infections Program Surveillance in Thailand|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-CI08-801|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention_Investigations and Technical Assistance|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 12, 2008|
|Posted Date:||Feb 11, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Feb 11, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Apr 11, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:||$400,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$400,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants that can apply for this funding opportunity are listed below: Assistance will be provided only to the Ministry of Public Health, Thailand. No other applications are being solicited. The Thai Ministry of Public Health is the only qualified agency to conduct the activities specified under this cooperative agreement for the following reasons: . The Ministry of Public Health is the governmental agency in Thailand legally responsible for disease surveillance activities and provides norms for provincial health department and local jurisdiction surveillance and disease investigation. . Within the Thai Ministry of Public Health are the Department of Disease Control (DDC) (including the Bureau of Epidemiology), the Department of Medical Science (including the Thai National Institute of Health), and the Office of the Permanent Secretary (including the Bureau of Policy and Strategy), organizations responsible for national epidemiologic surveillance and national public health reference laboratory testing and training. . The IEIP Thailand has established a working group which includes representatives of DDC, the Thai NIH, and the Bureau of Epidemiology. This working group reports to a Steering Committee, which derives its authority from the Executive Committee for the Thai MOPH - US CDC Collaboration (TUC). The IEIP working group will be the principal collaborative mechanism for directing the surveillance system.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Technical Information Management Section
Department of Health and Human Services
CDC Procurement and Grants Office
Phone 770-488-2700 email@example.com Technical Information Management Section
- Similar Government Grants
- • National Foundation for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • Strengthening the Nation's Public Health Communication Infrastructure to Respond to C...
- • Technical Collaboration to Strengthen and Expand Capacity to Assess, Prevent, and Mitigate...
- • Advancing the Centers of Excellence in Newcomer Health
- • Epidemiology of Lupus: Longitudinal Studies in Population-Based Cohorts
- • Postdoctoral Fellowship Training Program in Infectious Diseases
- • A Cooperative Agreement to Improve the Interaction Between Public Health Academicians and ...
- • A Cooperative Agreement to Strengthen Collaboration Between the Disciplines of Academic Me...
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2