The summary for the Interstitial Cystitis grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Interstitial Cystitis: The purpose of the program is to promote public awareness and partnership, provide interstitial cystitis (IC) education for the general public and for health care providers, and develop and enhance communication channels to allow for improved interaction and information sharing among those with IC, advocates for persons with IC and their families, those who provide care and services for persons with IC, researchers and public health scientists.
|Federal Grant Title:||Interstitial Cystitis|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-DP10-1007|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention_Investigations and Technical Assistance|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jun 30, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 30, 2010|
|Posted Date:||May 28, 2010|
|Creation Date:||May 28, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Jul 30, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$3,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Registered National non-profit 501 (c) 3 organizations that work specifically on IC and that provide patient and physician educational information and programs, patient support, public awareness and, research funding for IC. This project involves development and implementation of educational interventions and health communication messages related to IC for the general public and health care providers with the ultimate goal of developing a national public health approach to this chronic condition. Competition for funding through this award is thus limited to Registered National non-profit 501 (c) 3 organizations that work specifically on IC and that provide patient and physician educational information and programs, patient support, promote public awareness of IC. National Organizations that focus on IC have a key role in developing communication strategies and raising awareness about the importance of IC; have existing capacity to educate providers on IC; and have established relationships with news and information media, key officials, agency stakeholders, federal organizations and community groups in order to enhance understanding about IC.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CDC Procurement and Grants Office grants Phone 770-488-2700
- Similar Government Grants
- • National Foundation for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • Strengthening the Nation's Public Health Communication Infrastructure to Respond to C...
- • Technical Collaboration to Strengthen and Expand Capacity to Assess, Prevent, and Mitigate...
- • Advancing the Centers of Excellence in Newcomer Health
- • Epidemiology of Lupus: Longitudinal Studies in Population-Based Cohorts
- • Postdoctoral Fellowship Training Program in Infectious Diseases
- • A Cooperative Agreement to Improve the Interaction Between Public Health Academicians and ...
- • A Cooperative Agreement to Strengthen Collaboration Between the Disciplines of Academic Me...
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2