Limited Competition: AIDS Malignancy Consortium (AMC) (UM1 Clinical Trials Required)
The summary for the Limited Competition: AIDS Malignancy Consortium (AMC) (UM1 Clinical Trials Required) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Limited Competition: AIDS Malignancy Consortium (AMC) (UM1 Clinical Trials Required): The purpose of the proposed Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is to continue support for AIDS Malignancy Consortium (AMC). AMC is a major infrastructure intended to stimulate cooperative research efforts in the following areas: 1) Design, development, and evaluation of clinical interventions for the prevention and treatment of HIV-associated malignancies; Development of more effective therapeutics and management strategies for HIV-associated malignancies; Investigation of the biology of HIV malignancies within the context of clinical trials; Management of issues of international importance in HIV associated-malignancies; and Distribution of excess tumor tissue and other relevant biologic fluids to the AIDS and Cancer Specimen Resource for ongoing or future investigations. The AMC must consist of the following functional units: a Coordination Center, Clinical Trial Sites, Network Laboratories, and a Statistical Center. The AMC team must have at least four scientific disease-oriented Working Groups to study Kaposi Sarcoma, Lymphoma, Human papilloma virus-associated cancers, and non-AIDS-Defining cancers. The Network Laboratories will be responsible for routine clinical trial support activities, pathogenesis-driven correlative studies, and clinical pharmacology and pharmacokinetics studies of anticancer/antiviral interactions. All clinical trials to be conducted by the AMC must be available to subjects of all racial/ethnic groups.
|Federal Grant Title:||Limited Competition: AIDS Malignancy Consortium (AMC) (UM1 Clinical Trials Required)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health (HHS-NIH11)|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-CA-19-056|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Numbers:||93.393, 93.394, 93.395, 93.396|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||January 10th, 2020|
|Original Application Deadline:||January 10th, 2020|
|Posted Date:||September 11th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||September 11th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||February 15th, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||September 11th, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are not eligible to apply. Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are not eligible to apply. Foreign components, as defined in the NIH Grants Policy Statement, are allowed. See the funding announcements for eligibility details
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...