Limited Competition for Affordable Care Act Consumer Assistance Program Grants
The summary for the Limited Competition for Affordable Care Act Consumer Assistance Program Grants grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the CMS Consumer Information Insurance Oversight, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Limited Competition for Affordable Care Act Consumer Assistance Program Grants: Consumers will need to understand new programs, avail themselves of new protections, and navigate health coverage options to find the most affordable coverage that meets their needs. As noted in the Affordable Care Act (ACA) Consumer Assistance Program Grants Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) posted on July 22, 2010, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) interprets Section 2793 of the PHS Act to require grantees to accept the inquiries and problems of uninsured consumers. Because Qualified Health Plans in the Marketplace are health insurance coverage, the statute requires CAPs to provide assistance to individuals enrolled in QHPs, in addition to other forms of health insurance coverage.
|Federal Grant Title:||Limited Competition for Affordable Care Act Consumer Assistance Program Grants|
|Federal Agency Name:||CMS Consumer Information Insurance Oversight (HHS-OS-OCIIO)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CA-CAP-14-001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||September 15th, 2014|
|Original Application Deadline:||September 15th, 2014|
|Posted Date:||August 13th, 2014|
|Creation Date:||August 13th, 2014|
|Archive Date:||October 15th, 2014|
|Total Program Funding:||$5,314,364|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$442,863|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||12|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||August 13th, 2014|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Limited Competition for Affordable Care Act Consumer Assistance Program Grants
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Grants.gov Contact Center
Phone Number: 1-800-518-4726
Hours of operation are 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The contact center is closed on federal holidays.
Grants.gov Customer Support
- Similar Government Grants
- • Affordable Care Act - Consumer Assistance Program Grants
- • Ofc of Consumer Information & Insurance Oversight Grant
- More Grants from the CMS Consumer Information Insurance Oversight
- • Cooperative Agreement to Support Navigators in Federally-facilitated Exchanges
- • The State Flexibility to Stabilize the Market Grant Program
- • Cooperative Agreement to Support Navigators in Federally-facilitated and State Partnership...
- • Limited Competition for Cooperative Agreements to Support Navigators in Federally-facilita...