Limited Competition for the Continuation of the Coordinating Center for Type 1 Diabetes TrialNet (U01 Clinical Trial Required)
The summary for the Limited Competition for the Continuation of the Coordinating Center for Type 1 Diabetes TrialNet (U01 Clinical Trial Required) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Limited Competition for the Continuation of the Coordinating Center for Type 1 Diabetes TrialNet (U01 Clinical Trial Required): This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) invites an application from the Program Director/Principal Investigator of the Coordinating Center (TNCC) that is currently supporting the research being performed by the Type 1 Diabetes TrialNet network. This FOA will support the TNCC in its oversight of the screening of relatives of individuals with type 1 diabetes (T1D) for monitoring and possible inclusion in intervention studies aimed at preservation of insulin-producing cells. The FOA will also support the TNCC in its design, conduct and continuation of intervention studies in individuals at early pre-clinical stages of T1D and in individuals with new-onset T1D (as selected by the TrialNet Steering Committee). The TNCC will: (1) support a wide range of research projects in varying stages of development, implementation and completion, and (2) provide data and sample management, including standardized acquisition, quality control, dissemination, and public accessibility. The TNCC will also provide capitated payments, based on TrialNet-related activities, to Clinical Centers and Affiliate Sites. In addition, the TNCC will be responsible for issuing a Request for Proposals (RFP) to select Clinical Centers to conduct TrialNet clinical studies.
|Federal Grant Title:||Limited Competition for the Continuation of the Coordinating Center for Type 1 Diabetes TrialNet (U01 Clinical Trial Required)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health (HHS-NIH11)|
|Grant Categories:||Food and Nutrition Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-DK-18-509|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||March 21st, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||March 21st, 2019|
|Posted Date:||January 9th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||January 9th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||April 26th, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:||$21,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$15,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||January 10th, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are not eligible to apply Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are not eligible to apply. Foreign components, as defined in the NIH Grants Policy Statement, are allowed. See FOA for full eligibility details.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • Understanding the Functional Contributions and Mechanisms of Type 2 Diabetes Disease-assoc...
- • Limited Competition for the Accelerating Medicines Partnership (AMP) in Type 2 Diabetes Kn...
- • NIDDK Hematology Central Coordinating Center (U24 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Bioinformatics Interdisciplinary Postdoctoral Fellowship in Diabetes, Endocrinology and Me...
- • Bioinformatics Interdisciplinary Predoctoral Fellowship in Diabetes, Endocrinology and Met...
- • Proteomic and Metabolomic Approaches to Diagnose Diabetes and Pre-Diabetes
- • Molecular Therapy Core Centers
- • Pilot and Feasibility Program in Human Islet Biology
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...