Low-Cost Chip-Scale Atomic Clock (LC CSAC)
The summary for the Low-Cost Chip-Scale Atomic Clock (LC CSAC) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Dept of the Army -- Materiel Command, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Low-Cost Chip-Scale Atomic Clock (LC CSAC): **PLEASE REVIEW FULL SPECIAL NOTICE** Funding Opportunity Title: Low-Cost Chip-Scale Atomic Clock (LC CSAC) Funding Instrument Type: Technology investment agreement The aim of this Special Notice under the ARL BAA (W911NF-17-S-0003), under Grants.gov Opportunity W911NF-17-S-0003-SPECIALNOTICE-LC-CSAC, is to fund a team or multiple teams to design, manufacture, and deliver a battery-powered atomic clock that achieves identical (or better) size, weight, and power (SWaP) and performance to the commercially available chip-scale atomic clock (CSAC) with a selling price goal of < $300/unit in high volume. Precise timing is critical for numerous Army applications such as navigation, communications, surveillance, and synchronization of sensors and systems. Assured PNT solutions currently rely on acquiring GPS signals, which may not be readily available in increasingly contested environments. Commercially available silicon MEMS and quartz oscillators (TCXO, OCXO) are unable to provide GPS holdover in the event of a GPS outage, except for high-end OCXOs that may be considered large and power hungry for certain applications. To ease reliance on GPS, long-holdover clocks with SWaP-C appropriate for various DoD platforms are necessary to enable mission-critical functions even in contested environments. Current high-performance atomic clocks (maser, laser-cooled cesium fountain) serve as standards and are large, expensive, and require regular monitoring and exquisite environmental control. Since the early 2000s, the chip-scale atomic clock (CSAC) has been developed and successfully matured into a commercial product with DARPA and industry investment. While an Army/Air Force/OSD Manufacturing Technology effort further reduced the manufacturing cost1, the current selling price is still prohibitive for high-volume, low-SWaP DoD platforms. There is an opportunity to leverage the many advances in MEMS, photonics, and atomic physics over the past two decades to develop state-of-the-art, high-performance, battery-powered atomic clocks with improved manufacturability, significantly reduced cost, and improved performance. This special notice seeks proposals from one or more for-profit firms in accordance with 32 CFR 37.210. A consortium, led by a for-profit firm, is also encouraged. Points of Contact: Jonathan Hoffman firstname.lastname@example.org Jenna Chan Jenna.email@example.com
|Federal Grant Title:||Low-Cost Chip-Scale Atomic Clock (LC CSAC)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Dept of the Army -- Materiel Command (DOD-AMC)|
|Grant Categories:||Science and Technology and other Research and Development|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||W911NF-17-S-0003-SPECIALNOTICE-LC-CSAC|
|Type of Funding:||Other|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Posted Date:||May 6th, 2020|
|Creation Date:||May 6th, 2020|
|Archive Date:||No date given|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
|Last Updated:||June 22nd, 2020|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- This special notice seeks proposals from one or more for-profit firms in accordance with 32 CFR 37.210. A consortium, led by a for-profit firm, is also encouraged.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Christopher D Justice
- Similar Government Grants
- • VISION AIDED NAVIGATION PROTOTYPES
- • (FY20) Defense Established Program to Stimulate Competitive Research (DEPSCoR)
- • Department of Defense (DoD) – Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STE...
- • UNITED STATES MILITARY ACADEMY Broad Agency Announcement
- • Multidisciplinary Research Program of the University Research Initiative (FY21 ARMY SUBMIS...
- • Braod Agency Announcement for the Army Research Laboratory
- • TARDEC FY04 Broad Agency Announcement (BAA)
- • Fiscal Year 2004 Department of Defense Instrumentation Program for Tribal Colleges and Uni...
- More Grants from the Dept of the Army -- Materiel Command
- • CCDC-ARL MANUFACTURING TECHNOLOGY FOA
- • VISION AIDED NAVIGATION PROTOTYPES
- • Fiscal Year (FY) 2021 DoD Research and Education Program for Historically Black Colleges a...
- • Innovation Corps @ Department of Defense Program (I-Corps @ DoD Program) Fiscal Year 2020