Maximizing Product Water through Brine Minimization: Innovative Recovery RO Testing - Phase 2
The summary for the Maximizing Product Water through Brine Minimization: Innovative Recovery RO Testing - Phase 2 grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Reclamation, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Maximizing Product Water through Brine Minimization: Innovative Recovery RO Testing - Phase 2: Pursuant to Funding Opportunity Announcement R15AS00021, Padre Dam Municipal Water District (PDMWD) was awarded Cooperative Agreement R15AC00101. Under agreement R15AC00101, PDMWD is performing a pilot study (Phase 1) that is comparing the conventional brine reduction process with the closed circuit desalination process at Padre Dam's advanced water treatment demonstration facility in Santee, CA. The principal objective of this research is to determine the best option for brine minimization at Padre Dam by comparing the Desalitech closed circuit desalination (CCD) system against a standard recovery Reverse Osmosis, and assessing their ability to maximize product water recovery and minimize waste streams. While comparing Recovery is the main focus of the pilot effort; the research will also evaluate the water quality, operability, and economics of the two systems. The research will lead to the development of design criteria and operation guidelines for implementation of the technology by Padre Dam and other communities with similar brine disposal concerns. Under this agreement, PDMWD will complete additional CCD process testing to improve the technology comparison and understand key design parameters for full-scale implementation.
|Federal Grant Title:||Maximizing Product Water through Brine Minimization: Innovative Recovery RO Testing - Phase 2|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Reclamation (DOI-BOR)|
|Grant Categories:||Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||BOR-DO-16-019|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||August 13th, 2016|
|Original Application Deadline:||August 13th, 2016|
|Posted Date:||July 30th, 2016|
|Creation Date:||July 30th, 2016|
|Archive Date:||August 14th, 2016|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$39,755|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$39,755|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||July 30th, 2016|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Padre Dam Municipal Water District
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Janeen Koza
Grants Management Specialist
Grants Management Specialist
- Similar Government Grants
- • The Next Generation of Evaporation Pans Agreement R17AC00074 Modification 004 and 005
- • Salt Basin Assessment of Water Resources and Groundwater Withdrawal
- • Notice of Intent to Award to University of Arizona Water Resources Research Center
- • Notice of Intent to Award to Colorado School of Mines
- • Notice of Intent to Award to RTI International
- • Notice of Intent to Award to the University of Iowa for Integrated Bubble, Sound and Light...
- • Predicting the Interactions between Flow, Sediment and Riparian Vegetation
- • Design and Testing of Computationally-Efficient Methods to Evaluate Parameter and Model Un...
- More Grants from the Bureau of Reclamation
- • Middle Entiat Habitat Restoration Area C and F
- • Desalination and Water Purification Research Program: Research Projects for Fiscal Years 2...
- • Enhanced Acoustic Tagging, Analysis, and Real-time Monitoring of Wild and Hatchery Salmoni...
- • Decontamination Units to Prevent Further Dreissenid Mussels Introduction and Spread in Cal...
- • Delta Education and Outreach Projects