Mechanisms of Tolerance (R21/R33 - Clinical Trial Required)
The summary for the Mechanisms of Tolerance (R21/R33 - Clinical Trial Required) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Mechanisms of Tolerance (R21/R33 - Clinical Trial Required): This funding opportunity announcement (FOA) focuses on sensitivity and tolerance mechanisms underlying the development of alcohol use disorder. The intent of this FOA is to: (1) develop hypotheses about cellular, molecular or network mechanisms that regulate sensitivity and tolerance to alcohol, and (2) develop quantitative models to predict the development of tolerance and the progression to alcohol use disorder. These objectives will be accomplished with a Phased Innovation (R21/R33) mechanism, clinical trial required, in which secondary data analysis or pilot studies can occur during the R21 phase, and research testing the hypotheses can be expanded in the R33 phase. The transition to the R33 phase will be determined by NIAAA program staff after evaluation of the achievement of specific milestones set for the R21 phase. Applicants interested in animal studies on the mechanisms of tolerance may consider FOA (PAR-18-659) or in the genetic basis of tolerance may consider FOA (PA-18-660).
|Federal Grant Title:||Mechanisms of Tolerance (R21/R33 - Clinical Trial Required)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health (HHS-NIH11)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-19-311|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||January 7th, 2022|
|Original Application Deadline:||January 7th, 2022|
|Posted Date:||July 10th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||July 10th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||February 12th, 2022|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||July 10th, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For-profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AANAPISISs); Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • Integrative Research on Polysubstance Abuse and Disorder (R61/R33 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • Consortium on the Neurobiology of Adolescent Drinking in Adulthood (NADIA) Administrative ...
- • Consortium on the Neurobiology of Adolescent Drinking in Adulthood (NADIA) Research Resour...
- • Consortium on the Neurobiology of Adolescent Drinking in Adulthood (NADIA) Research Projec...
- • Accelerating the Pace of Drug Abuse Research Using Existing Data (R01 Clinical Trial Optio...
- • Mechanisms of Alcoholic Pancreatitis
- • Alcohol Abuse and Hiv/Aids in Resource-Poor Societies
- • Mechanisms of Alcohol-Induced Tissue Injury
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...