Mind/Body Research Program (R01)
The summary for the Mind/Body Research Program (R01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Mind/Body Research Program (R01): The purpose of this funding opportunity is to support research on the impact and effectiveness of relaxation and stress reduction on chronic health conditions. This announcement will build on research currently being conducted in this area by the Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH), Benson-Henry Institute (BHI) for Mind Body Medicine. The results from this study will continue to generate new knowledge on the physiologic mechanisms of the relaxation response, mechanisms of acute changes, and identification of those most likely to benefit in a specific clinical model.
|Federal Grant Title:||Mind/Body Research Program (R01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-DP-10-010|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention_Investigations and Technical Assistance|
|Current Application Deadline:||Aug 30, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 30, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Jul 27, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Aug 16, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Sep 29, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,444,582|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- The Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH), Benson Henry Institute (BHI) for Mind Body Medicine is the only institution eligible to submit an application in response to this FOA. The Mind/Body institute is specifically referenced in NCCDPHP's appropriated amounts in the budget line items as referenced in Conference Report, H.R. 3288 (Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2010) to continue practice-based assessments, identification, and study of promising and heavily-used mind/body practices. The BHI for Mind Body Medicine at MGH is a non-profit scientific and educational organization dedicated to research, teaching, and clinical application of mind/body medicine and its integration into all areas of health.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- email@example.com grants Phone 770-488-2700
- Similar Government Grants
- • Epidemiology of Lupus: Longitudinal Studies in Population-Based Cohorts
- • Improving Detection and Management of Glaucoma and Other Eye Diseases Among High Risk Popu...
- • TREST
- • Sustaining the Expansion of the Overseas Health Assessment and Management of U.S.-Bound Re...
- • National Partnerships to Promote Cancer Surveillance Standards and Support Data Quality an...
- • Postdoctoral Fellowship Training Program in Infectious Diseases
- • A Cooperative Agreement to Improve the Interaction Between Public Health Academicians and ...
- • A Cooperative Agreement to Strengthen Collaboration Between the Disciplines of Academic Me...
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2