Miner Safety and Health Training Program - Western United States (U60)
The summary for the Miner Safety and Health Training Program - Western United States (U60) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Miner Safety and Health Training Program - Western United States (U60): Purpose: This FOA issued by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) invites applications for cooperative agreements to support the development of training and education programs for workers engaged in mining operations in the Western United States. The major objective of this solicitation is to reduce the number of injuries and illnesses among workers who are involved in mining operations through a focused, relevant, and comprehensive training program that educates mine workers regarding how best to protect themselves from risks and hazards in the mining environment, and that expands the number of qualified mine safety and health trainers in the U.S. Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the (U60) Cooperative Agreement Mechanism. Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. NIOSH intends to commit a total of approximately $1 million in FY2010 to fund 1-3 cooperative agreements in response to this FOA for a period of up to 3 years. Awards issued under this FOA are contingent upon the availability of funds and the submission of a sufficient number of meritorious applications.
|Federal Grant Title:||Miner Safety and Health Training Program - Western United States (U60)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-OH-10-001|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Occupational Safety and Health Program|
|Current Application Deadline:||Apr 30, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Apr 30, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Feb 18, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Feb 18, 2010|
|Archive Date:||May 31, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Universities Colleges Research institutions Hospitals Community-based organizations Faith-based organizations Federally recognized or state-recognized American Indian/Alaska Native tribal governments American Indian/Alaska Native tribally designated organizations Alaska Native health corporations Urban Indian health organizations Tribal epidemiology centers State and local governments or their Bona Fide Agents (this includes the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, the Commonwealth of the Northern Marianna Islands, American Samoa, Guam, the Federated States of Micronesia, the Republic of the Marshall Islands, and the Republic of Palau) Political subdivisions of States (in consultation with States)
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Cooperative Research Agreements Related to the World Trade Center Health Program (U01)
- • State Occupational Safety and HealthSurveillance Program (U60)
- • NIOSH Centers of Excellence for Total Worker Health® (U19)
- • Exploratory/Developmental Grants Related to the World Trade Center Health Program (R21)
- • Extension of the World Trade Center Health Registry
- • Career Development Grants in Occupational Safety and Health Research (K01)
- • World Trade Center Health Consortium
- • Mining Safety and Health Training and Translation Center
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Administrative Resource...
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Research Resource (U24)...
- • New Cohorts for Environmental Exposures and Cancer Risk (CEECR; UG3/UH3 Clinical Trial Not...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH2/UH3 Clinical ...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH3 Clinical Tria...