Mississippi Delta Health Initiative
The summary for the Mississippi Delta Health Initiative grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Mississippi Delta Health Initiative: purpose of this funding announcement is to implement a demonstration project which expands the involvement of CDC and local communities in the prevention of heart disease, stroke and related chronic diseases and the elimination of disparities in Mississippis 18-county Delta region.
|Federal Grant Title:||Mississippi Delta Health Initiative|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-DP08-820|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention_Investigations and Technical Assistance|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 30, 2008|
|Posted Date:||May 29, 2008|
|Creation Date:||May 29, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Jul 30, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,474,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,747,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- The Mississippi Department of Health is uniquely qualified to achieve public health impact based on the following factors. It has experience working with CDC to increase the prevention of heart disease, stroke, and related conditions at a State level. Its Delta Hills Public Health District is located in the heart of the Mississippi Delta, has strong integration into Delta region communities, and has decades of experience engaging directly with the community to promote public health. District staff members understand the unique local needs, challenges, assets, regional culture, and are trusted community resources. This is a single eligibility funding opportunity. For more information on the eligible applicant, please see the full announcement.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Technical Information Management Section (TIMS)
Procurement and Grants Office (PGO)
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Phone 770-488-2700 firstname.lastname@example.org Technical Information Management Section (TIMS)
- Similar Government Grants
- • National Foundation for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • Strengthening the Nation's Public Health Communication Infrastructure to Respond to C...
- • Technical Collaboration to Strengthen and Expand Capacity to Assess, Prevent, and Mitigate...
- • Advancing the Centers of Excellence in Newcomer Health
- • Epidemiology of Lupus: Longitudinal Studies in Population-Based Cohorts
- • Postdoctoral Fellowship Training Program in Infectious Diseases
- • A Cooperative Agreement to Improve the Interaction Between Public Health Academicians and ...
- • A Cooperative Agreement to Strengthen Collaboration Between the Disciplines of Academic Me...
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2