Mouse Metabolic Phenotyping Centers Consortium (U24)
The summary for the Mouse Metabolic Phenotyping Centers Consortium (U24) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Mouse Metabolic Phenotyping Centers Consortium (U24): Purpose. This FOA issued by the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases(NIDDK) and the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute (NHLBI), National Institutes of Health, solicits new and competing continuation applications for national Mouse Metabolic Phenotyping Centers (MMPCs). MMPCs are fee-for-service providers of in-depth phenotyping tests for mouse models of diabetes, obesity, and related metabolic diseases or conditions. Mice and/or their tissues are shipped to MMPC facilities where standardized procedures are used to characterize metabolism, body composition, feeding behavior, activity, tissue pathology, organ function, and other physiologic, anatomic or pathologic alterations. Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the U24 award mechanism and runs in parallel with an FOA of related scientific scope, RFA-DK-10-007, that solicits applications for the Coordinating and Bioinformatics Unit for the Mouse Metabolic Phenotyping Centers consortium (U24). Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. The NIDDK and NHLBI anticipate awarding four to six centers in response to the FOA. The total amount to be awarded is up to $4,310,000 per year for a total of 5 years.
|Federal Grant Title:||Mouse Metabolic Phenotyping Centers Consortium (U24)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Food and Nutrition Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-DK-10-006|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cardiovascular Diseases Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||Nov 17, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Nov 17, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Aug 09, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Aug 09, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Dec 18, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$4,310,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$600,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Bench to Bassinet Program Administrative Coordinating Center (U01 - Clinical Trial Not All...
- • Pediatric Cardiac Genomics Consortium (U01 - Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Cardiovascular Developmental Biology Data Resource Center (U01 - Clinical Trial Not Allowe...
- • Senator Paul D. Wellstone Muscular Dystrophy Specialized Research Centers (MDSRC) (P50)
- • Disparities Elimination through Coordinated Interventions to Prevent and Control Heart and...
- • The Relationship Between Hypertension and Inflammation
- • Community-Responsive Interventions to Reduce Cardiovascular Risk in American Indians and A...
- • Weight Loss in Obese Adults with Cardiovascular Risk Factors: Clinical Interventions (U01)
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...