NARMS Cooperative Agreement Program to Enhance and Strengthen Antibiotic Resistance Surveillance in Retail Food Specimens (U01)
The summary for the NARMS Cooperative Agreement Program to Enhance and Strengthen Antibiotic Resistance Surveillance in Retail Food Specimens (U01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Food Drug Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
NARMS Cooperative Agreement Program to Enhance and Strengthen Antibiotic Resistance Surveillance in Retail Food Specimens (U01): This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) issued by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Center for Veterinary Medicine (CVM), builds upon the National Antimicrobial Resistance Monitoring System (NARMS) which was initiated in 1996 as one of the key activities in a national action plan to combat antibiotic resistance threats. The purpose of this FOA is to protect and promote public health by enhancing, strengthening and sustaining antibiotic resistance surveillance in retail food specimens within the NARMS program. The NARMS cooperative agreements will improve the detection of antibiotic resistance among enteric bacteria in food commodities, as well as potentially develop new sites as part of the program. Measurable outcomes of the program will be in alignment with the NARMS Objectives.
|Federal Grant Title:||NARMS Cooperative Agreement Program to Enhance and Strengthen Antibiotic Resistance Surveillance in Retail Food Specimens (U01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Food Drug Administration|
|Grant Categories:||Agriculture Consumer Protection Food and Nutrition Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-16-099|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Antimicrobial Resistance Surveillance in Retail Food Specimens|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 1, 2020 This announcement has multiple deadli|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 1, 2020 This announcement has multiple deadli|
|Posted Date:||Feb 16, 2016|
|Creation Date:||Feb 16, 2016|
|Archive Date:||May 31, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:||$2,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$160,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||none|
|Expected Number of Awards:||30|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Private institutions of higher education
Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
City or township governments
Independent school districts
Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
Special district governments
Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities
Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign Institutions: Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are not eligible to apply. Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are not eligible to apply. Foreign components, as defined in the HHS Grants Policy Statement, are not allowed.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Full Announcement of PAR-16-099
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Bryce Jones
Grants Management Specialist
Food & Drug Administration 301-443-5869
- More Grants from the Food Drug Administration
- • Cooperative Agreement to Support Shellfish Safety Assistance Project (U01)
- • Native American Tribes Outreach, Education, and Training to Enhance Food Safety and FSMA C...
- • Local Food Producer Outreach, Education, and Training to Enhance Food Safety and FDA Food ...
- • National Training, Education, Extension, Outreach, and Technical Assistance Competitive Gr...
- • Evaluating Quality Metrics for Risk-Based Surveillance of Drug Manufacturing Operations an...