NEI Translational Research Program (TRP) on therapy for Visual Disorders (R24)
The summary for the NEI Translational Research Program (TRP) on therapy for Visual Disorders (R24) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
NEI Translational Research Program (TRP) on therapy for Visual Disorders (R24): The National Eye Institute (NEI) announces the reissue of PAR-10-281, "Translational Research Program (TRP) on Therapy for Visual Disorders". This program focuses on the development of novel therapies to treat visual diseases and disorders. In the context of this program, an expert develops a multi-disciplinary research team that applies an integrative approach to develop rapid and efficient translation of innovative laboratory research findings into clinical therapeutic development. It involves collaborative teams of scientists and clinicians with expertise in multiple disciplines, operating according to a clear leadership plan. Such a collaborative approach is particularly appropriate for research focused on pathways that will likely be targeted by biological intervention, such as gene therapy, cell-based therapy, and pharmacological approaches. The intention of this program is to make resources available to scientists from several disciplines to address scientific and technical questions that would be beyond the capabilities of any one research group.
|Federal Grant Title:||NEI Translational Research Program (TRP) on therapy for Visual Disorders (R24)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-13-370|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Vision Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jan 28, 2016|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jan 28, 2016|
|Posted Date:||Sep 30, 2013|
|Creation Date:||Sep 30, 2013|
|Archive Date:||Feb 28, 2016|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,750,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||none|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Small businesses
For profit organizations other than small businesses
Special district governments
Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities
Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
Private institutions of higher education
City or township governments
Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
Independent school districts
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following:
Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AANAPISISs); Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession; Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are not eligible to apply.
Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are not eligible to apply.
Foreign components, as defined in the NIH Grants Policy Statement, are not allowed.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
National Institutes of Health 301-496-3405
- Similar Government Grants
- • NEI Audacious Goals Initiative: Translation-Enabling Models to Evaluate Survival and Integ...
- • Limited Competition: NEI - DOD Vision Research Collaborative (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • NEI Center Core Grant for Vision Research (P30 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • NEI Research Grant for Vision-Related Secondary Data Analysis (R21 Clinical Trial Not Allo...
- • NEI Clinical Research Study Planning Grant Program (R34 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Nei Career Transition Award (K22)
- • NEI Translational Research Program On Therapy For Visual Disorders
- • NEI Clinical Study Planning Grant Program (R34)
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Administrative Resource...
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Research Resource (U24)...
- • New Cohorts for Environmental Exposures and Cancer Risk (CEECR; UG3/UH3 Clinical Trial Not...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH2/UH3 Clinical ...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH3 Clinical Tria...