Nei Career Transition Award (K22)
The summary for the Nei Career Transition Award (K22) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Nei Career Transition Award (K22): The purpose of the National Eye Institute (NEI) Career Transition Award is to enable outstanding individuals to establish an independent research program in vision research and to secure an appointment in an academic institution in the United States. This is accomplished in a two-phase award program. The Scholar Development Phase provides up to three years of mentored career development training in an NEI Intramural Research Program (IRP) laboratory. The Faculty Transition Phase provides up to two years of research support at an extramural institution to which the Scholar has been recruited as an independent faculty member. The NIH Office of Dietary Supplements will collaborate with the NEI in supporting Scholars whose research involves dietary interventions or risk factors which affect visual system diseases, disorders, or development.
|Federal Grant Title:||Nei Career Transition Award (K22)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-04-136|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Vision Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jan 07, 2010 Multiple Receipt Dates - See Link to|
|Posted Date:||Aug 09, 2004|
|Creation Date:||Dec 09, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Dec 10, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Small businesses Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education For profit organizations other than small businesses
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • NEI Audacious Goals Initiative: Translation-Enabling Models to Evaluate Survival and Integ...
- • Limited Competition: NEI - DOD Vision Research Collaborative (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • NEI Center Core Grant for Vision Research (P30 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • NEI Research Grant for Vision-Related Secondary Data Analysis (R21 Clinical Trial Not Allo...
- • NEI Clinical Research Study Planning Grant Program (R34 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • NEI Translational Research Program On Therapy For Visual Disorders
- • NEI Clinical Study Planning Grant Program (R34)
- • Novel Therapeutic and Pathogenetic Studies of Oculomotor Disorders
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Administrative Resource...
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Research Resource (U24)...
- • New Cohorts for Environmental Exposures and Cancer Risk (CEECR; UG3/UH3 Clinical Trial Not...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH2/UH3 Clinical ...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH3 Clinical Tria...