NEI Translational Research Program on Therapy for Visual Disorders (R24)
The summary for the NEI Translational Research Program on Therapy for Visual Disorders (R24) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
NEI Translational Research Program on Therapy for Visual Disorders (R24): Purpose. The National Eye Institute (NEI) supports multidisciplinary research focusing on the development of novel therapies to treat visual diseases and disorders. The rapid and efficient translation of innovative laboratory research findings into clinical development frequently requires a comprehensive and highly integrated approach involving collaborative teams of scientists and clinicians with expertise in multiple disciplines. Such a collaborative approach is particularly appropriate for research focused on pathways that will likely be targeted by biological intervention, such as gene therapy, cell-based therapy, pharmacological approaches. The intention of this program is to make resources available to scientists from several disciplines to form research teams to address scientific and technical questions that would be beyond the capabilities of any one research group. Each project should have a well-defined end-point, achievable within a five-year time frame, of developing a specific treatment for a specific disease. The steps toward this end-point should be clearly delineated in a series of milestones that support the development of a therapeutic approach, which can then be tested in a clinical trial. Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the National Institutes of Health (NIH) R24 Research Resources Grant award mechanism. Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. Because the nature and scope of the proposed research will vary from application to application, it is anticipated that the size and duration of each award will also vary. The total amount awarded and the number of awards will depend upon the numbers, quality, duration, and costs of the applications received.
|Federal Grant Title:||NEI Translational Research Program on Therapy for Visual Disorders (R24)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-10-281|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Vision Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jan 25, 2013|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jan 25, 2013|
|Posted Date:||Sep 15, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Sep 15, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Feb 25, 2013|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) .
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • NEI Audacious Goals Initiative: Translation-Enabling Models to Evaluate Survival and Integ...
- • Limited Competition: NEI - DOD Vision Research Collaborative (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • NEI Center Core Grant for Vision Research (P30 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • NEI Research Grant for Vision-Related Secondary Data Analysis (R21 Clinical Trial Not Allo...
- • NEI Clinical Research Study Planning Grant Program (R34 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Nei Career Transition Award (K22)
- • NEI Translational Research Program On Therapy For Visual Disorders
- • NEI Clinical Study Planning Grant Program (R34)
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Administrative Resource...
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Research Resource (U24)...
- • New Cohorts for Environmental Exposures and Cancer Risk (CEECR; UG3/UH3 Clinical Trial Not...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH2/UH3 Clinical ...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH3 Clinical Tria...