NHLBI Cardiac Development Consortium (U01)
The summary for the NHLBI Cardiac Development Consortium (U01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
NHLBI Cardiac Development Consortium (U01): -Purpose. The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI) and the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) invite applications to participate in a new NHLBI Cardiac Development Consortium, a cooperative investigative group that will drive an integrated approach to the investigation of cardiovascular development.The purpose of this initiative is to support basic collaborative research leading to a comprehensive understanding of the regulatory networks controlling cardiovascular development.The consortium will consist of up to four Research Centers, scientific Cores as necessary, and a Steering Committee.Research Center applicants will propose projects that will select key regulatory pathways, identify the components of the pathways and targets, and rapidly disseminate data to the scientific community.The Research Centers will collaborate to maximize interoperability of the data.This Consortium is part of a new NHLBI translational program in pediatric cardiovascular disease, which includes the companion NHLBI Pediatric Cardiac Genomics Consortium (http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/rfa-files/RFA-HL-09-003.html), and Administrative Coordinating Center (http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/rfa-files/RFA-HL-09-011.html).These consortia will interact with each other and the NHLBI Pediatric Heart Network (www.PediatricHeartNetwork.com) to encourage translation of results from basic science to clinical research, and to provide clinical input on pressing needs for basic research. -Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the Research Project Cooperative Agreement (U01) mechanism of support. -Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. The NHLBI intends to commit approximately $960,000 total costs for FY2009.The total amount to be awarded for the Cardiac Development Consortium will be a maximum of $32,960,000 total costs for the six- year project period.It is anticipated that up to four research centers will be awarded.
|Federal Grant Title:||NHLBI Cardiac Development Consortium (U01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-HL-09-002|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Heart and Vascular Diseases Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||Feb 06, 2009|
|Original Application Deadline:||Feb 06, 2009|
|Posted Date:||Dec 04, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Dec 04, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Mar 09, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) .
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • HeartShare: Next Generation Phenomics to Define Heart Failure Subtypes and Treatment Targe...
- • HeartShare: Next-Generation Phenomics to Define Heart Failure Subtypes (U01 Clinical Trial...
- • Bench to Bassinet Program Administrative Coordinating Center (U01 - Clinical Trial Not All...
- • Pediatric Cardiac Genomics Consortium (U01 - Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Cardiovascular Developmental Biology Data Resource Center (U01 - Clinical Trial Not Allowe...
- • The Relationship Between Hypertension and Inflammation
- • Community-Responsive Interventions to Reduce Cardiovascular Risk in American Indians and A...
- • Weight Loss in Obese Adults with Cardiovascular Risk Factors: Clinical Interventions (U01)
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Administrative Resource...
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Research Resource (U24)...
- • New Cohorts for Environmental Exposures and Cancer Risk (CEECR; UG3/UH3 Clinical Trial Not...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH2/UH3 Clinical ...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH3 Clinical Tria...