NINDS Research Education Programs for Residents and Fellows in Neurology, Neurosurgery, Neuropathology and Neuroradiology (R25)
The summary for the NINDS Research Education Programs for Residents and Fellows in Neurology, Neurosurgery, Neuropathology and Neuroradiology (R25) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
NINDS Research Education Programs for Residents and Fellows in Neurology, Neurosurgery, Neuropathology and Neuroradiology (R25): This FOA solicits Research Education Grant (R25) applications from institutions/organizations that propose to support the development and/or implementation of programs that relate to research education and training of clinical residents and fellows to foster careers as physician-scientists. The PD/PI (see below) must have a staff appointment in a Department of Neurology, Neurosurgery or Pathology and participants in the research education program must be residents or fellows in neurology, neurosurgery, neuropathology or neuroradiology (see Eligible Individuals). The NIH recognizes a unique and compelling need to promote diversity in the biomedical, behavioral, clinical and social sciences research workforce. Accordingly, the NIH continues to encourage institutions to diversify their student and faculty populations and thus to increase the participation of individuals currently underrepresented in the biomedical, clinical, behavioral, and social sciences such as: individuals from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups, and individuals with disabilities. PD/PIs are encouraged to consider participants from diverse backgrounds for this funding opportunity. (see Recruitment and Retention Plan to Enhance Diversity).
|Federal Grant Title:||NINDS Research Education Programs for Residents and Fellows in Neurology, Neurosurgery, Neuropathology and Neuroradiology (R25)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-NS-12-003|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Extramural Research Programs in the Neurosciences and Neurological Disorders|
|Current Application Deadline:||Sep 09, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||Sep 09, 2011|
|Posted Date:||Jun 28, 2011|
|Creation Date:||Jun 28, 2011|
|Archive Date:||Oct 10, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations) are not eligible to apply. Foreign (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are not allowed.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • NINDS Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award (NRSA) for Training of Postdocto...
- • Peripheral Pathology in the Lewy Body Dementias (R01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Mechanistic Basis of TDP-43-dependent Pathobiology in Common Dementias (R01 Clinical Trial...
- • The NINDS Human Cell and Data Repository (U24 - Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Discovery of Biomarkers and Biomarker Signatures for Neurological and Neuromuscular Disord...
- • NINDS Cooperative Small Business Awards In Translational Research (SBIR/U44)
- • NINDS Institutional Center Core Grants to Support Neuroscience Research
- • Career Development Award to Promote Diversity in Neuroscience Research
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...