NRCS Conservation Innovation Grants (CIG)
The summary for the NRCS Conservation Innovation Grants (CIG) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the USDA NRCS MSD Ft Worth Office, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
NRCS Conservation Innovation Grants (CIG): The purpose of CIG is to stimulate the development and adoption of innovative conservation approaches and technologies in conjunction with agricultural production. CIG projects are expected to lead to the transfer of conservation technologies, management systems, and innovative approaches (such as market-based systems) to agricultural producers, into NRCS technical manuals and guides, or to the private sector. CIG generally funds pilot projects, field demonstrations, and on-farm conservation research. On-farm conservation research is defined as an investigation conducted to answer a specific applied conservation question using a statistically valid design while employing farm-scale equipment on farms, ranches or private forest lands.
|Federal Grant Title:||NRCS Conservation Innovation Grants (CIG)|
|Federal Agency Name:||USDA NRCS MSD Ft Worth Office (USDA-NRCS-FTWO)|
|Grant Categories:||Agriculture Environment Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||USDA-NRCS-GA-CIG-001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||March 30th, 2018|
|Original Application Deadline:||March 30th, 2018|
|Posted Date:||February 22nd, 2018|
|Creation Date:||February 22nd, 2018|
|Archive Date:||April 29th, 2018|
|Total Program Funding:||$300,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$75,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$25,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||25|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
|Last Updated:||February 22nd, 2018|
- Category Explanation
- NRCS is announcing the availability of CIG to stimulate the development and adoption of innovative conservation approaches and technologies. Applications will be accepted from eligible entities for projects carried out in the state of Georgia. A total of up to $ 300,000.00 is available for CIG in FY 2018. All non-Federal entities (NFE) and individuals are invited to apply, with the sole exception of Federal agencies. Projects may be between one and three years in duration. The maximum award amount for a single award in FY 2018 is $75,000.
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- All NFE entities and individuals, with the exception of Federal agencies, are eligible to apply for projects carried out in Georgia. Individuals and entities may submit more than one application. Individuals and entities may receive more than one award.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Phone: 706-546-2097
355 East Hancock Ave.
Athens, GA 30601
NRCS GA CIG Contact
- Similar Government Grants
- • South Carolina urban communities
- • Announcement for Program Funding for Natural Resources Conservation Service's Conservation...
- • Ohio NRCS Conservation Innovation Grants
- • Notice of Funding Opportunity for NRCS' Conservation Innovation Grants (CIG) National comp...
- • Conservation Innovation Grants
- • Conservation Innovation Grants - Chesapeake Bay Watershed
- • Environmental Quality Incentive Program Assistance Irrigation Technical Services
- More Grants from the USDA NRCS MSD Ft Worth Office
- • Increasing Land Trust Capacity in Eastern Oregon
- • NRCS' Conservation Innovation Grants (CIG) for Federal fiscal year (FY) 2018 - Idaho
- • Conservation Collaborative Agreements
- • Conservation Innovation Grants (CIG) FY 2018 Oregon
- • Conservation Innovation Grant (CIG)