National Center for HIV-AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention
The summary for the National Center for HIV-AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control NCHHSTP, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
National Center for HIV-AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention: Three curable bacterial sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia (CT), gonorrhea (GC), and syphilis are nationally notifiable and have historically been the focus of federally funded STD prevention programs throughout the U.S. In 2017, 2.3 million cases of these STDs were reported to CDC, reflecting an increase of 35% since 2013. However, these cases do not fully reflect the burden of STDs as many infections are asymptomatic and never diagnosed and reported - and this does not include other STDs that are not nationally notifiable. STDs can have long-term health consequences in addition to the immediate impact on an individual's health. STDs are also an economic burden on the U.S. healthcare system costing billions annually. Persons with STDs are at risk for acquisition or transmission of HIV and represent
|Federal Grant Title:||National Center for HIV-AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control NCHHSTP (HHS-CDC-NCHHSTP)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-PS19-1907|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 15th, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 15th, 2019|
|Posted Date:||February 21st, 2019|
|Creation Date:||February 21st, 2019|
|Archive Date:||June 14th, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:||$24,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$600,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||10|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||February 21st, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CONSTANCE JARVIS
GRANTS MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
- Similar Government Grants
- • STD Surveillance Network (SSuN)
- • Strengthening STD Prevention and Control for Health Departments (STD PCHD)
- • National Network to Enhance Capacity of State and Local Sexually Transmitted Disease Preve...
- • STD AAPPS Supplemental Funding for Enhanced Congenital Syphilis Response
- • Evaluation of STD Programs' Deployment of DIS to Improve HIV Outcomes
- • Comprehensive STD Prevention Systems, Prevention of STD-Related Infertility, and Syphilis ...
- • American Indian and Alaska Native STD
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control NCHHSTP
- • STD/HIV Disease Intervention Training Centers (DITC)
- • National Network of Sexually Transmitted Diseases Clinical Prevention Training Centers (NN...
- • Tuberculosis Elimination and Laboratory Cooperative Agreement
- • Strategic Partnerships and Planning to Support Ending the HIV Epidemic in the United State...
- • The Tuskegee Public Health Ethics Program