National Park Service: Research and Write Ranger Cabin Historic Furnishings Plan
The summary for the National Park Service: Research and Write Ranger Cabin Historic Furnishings Plan grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Park Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
National Park Service: Research and Write Ranger Cabin Historic Furnishings Plan: An historian and at least one history student trainee will be hired to research and write a Historic Furnishings Plan for the Ranger Cabin at Walnut Canyon National Monument. Officially named Cliffs Ranger Station, the cabin was built between 1904 and 1907. The four (4) room cabin was staffed first by Forest Service rangers and their wives between 1904 and 1934, and by Park Service custodians from 1934 to 1941. Although there are many photos of the outside of the cabin and some of its occupants through time, only a few known photographs of one room in the interior of the cabin are currently known to exist. These date to 1935 during the National Park Service era. Sparse anecdotal information exists for how the cabin was furnished earlier than 1935. From 2011 â¿¿ 2015, Ranger Cabin was extensively renovated for preservation purposes, but also for guided public visitation. At the moment, the cabin is empty of furniture except for an original wood stove and a fabricated apple pie.
|Federal Grant Title:||National Park Service: Research and Write Ranger Cabin Historic Furnishings Plan|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Park Service (DOI-NPS)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||P17AS00021|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||November 27th, 2016|
|Original Application Deadline:||November 27th, 2016|
|Posted Date:||November 18th, 2016|
|Creation Date:||November 18th, 2016|
|Archive Date:||November 30th, 2016|
|Total Program Funding:||$30,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$30,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||November 18th, 2016|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- This funding announcement is not a request for applications. This is a single source award to the Museum of Northern Arizona
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Kelly Adams
- Similar Government Grants
- • Ethnographic Overview and Traditional Associations Study of Channel Islands National Park ...
- • Prepare Historic Resources Study of Climbing for Joshua Tree National Park, California
- • Management techniques to enhance California prairie biodiversity
- • Conservation of native biodiversity in Southern California National Parks
- • Improve control strategies for invasive plants and fungal pathogens in Hawaii Volcanoes Na...
- • Historic Structure Analysis of Bowman-Hite House and Bank Barn, Cedar Creek and Belle Grov...
- • National Park Service- Catalog Southwest Regional Office Central Files
- • National Park Service- Archeological Testing at LA162528/PECO742, Pigeon's Ranch Subunit, ...
- More Grants from the National Park Service
- • Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Area
- • Essex National Heritage Area
- • Hudson River Valley National Heritage Area
- • Lackawanna Valley National Heritage Area
- • Susquehanna National Heritage Area