National Programs to Improve the Health and Educational Outcomes of Young People
The summary for the National Programs to Improve the Health and Educational Outcomes of Young People grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
National Programs to Improve the Health and Educational Outcomes of Young People: Approximately $6,000,000 will be available to fiscal year 2011 to fund 25 awards. The purpose of this program, National Programs to Improve the Health and Educational Outcomes of Young People, is to improve child and adolescent health by helping schools and communities create an environment that fosters a culture of wellness and makes healthy choices the easy choice.
|Federal Grant Title:||National Programs to Improve the Health and Educational Outcomes of Young People|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-DP11-1101|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cooperative Agreements to Support Comprehensive School Health Programs to Prevent the Spread of HIV and Other Important|
|Current Application Deadline:||Mar 04, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 04, 2011|
|Posted Date:||Jan 18, 2011|
|Creation Date:||Jan 18, 2011|
|Archive Date:||Apr 20, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$350,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$150,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||25|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants are organizations with nonprofit IRS status. Eligibility is limited to nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) including public and private nonprofit organizations that serve education organizations, state and local education and/or health agencies, institutions of higher education, juvenile justice and correctional centers, alternative schools, shelters for homeless and runaway youth, and for Priority Area 2 (2A, 2B, 2C) only, youth at high risk for HIV, STD, and teen pregnancy.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Procurement and Grants Office (PGO) Technical Information and Management Section (TIMS) Phone 770-488-2700
- Similar Government Grants
- • Minority AIDS Initiative Project::Targeting Youth at Highest Risk for HIV, Other STD, and ...
- • Promoting Programs to Involve Parents, Schools, and Communities to Support Sexual Abstinen...
- • Promoting Science-Based Approaches to the Prevention of Teen Pregnancy, HIV, and STI: Enha...
- • National Programs to Build the Capacity of Societal Institutions that Influence Youth Beha...
- • Pulmonary Complications of Sickle Cell Disease
- • Improving Health and Educational Outcomes of Young People
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2