National Wildlife Refuge Enhancements
The summary for the National Wildlife Refuge Enhancements grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Fish and Wildlife Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
National Wildlife Refuge Enhancements: This is an announcement for issuing a single source financial assistance award to Delmarva Resource Conservation & Development Council (DRCD), Cambridge, Maryland. This announcement is for notification purposes only. This cooperative agreement will assist in habitat management activities for waterfowl and facilities maintenance at Blackwater and Eastern Neck National Wildlife Refuges in Cambridge and Rock Hall MD respectively. This includes planting and maintaining over 400 acres of crops for migrating and overwintering waterfowl, waterfowl impoundment and pump maintenance, and spraying of invasive plants. DRCD will also assist in maintenance activities to support the hunt program on over 15,000 acres, and facilities support.The partnership supports the Secretarial priority of conservation stewardship by facilitating important habitat management for waterfowl and public recreation through hunting. The Chesapeake Marshlands NWR Complex provides critical migratory and overwintering habitat for Canada geese, American black ducks, tundra swans, and is a priority wetland in the North American Waterfowl Management Plan. 8. The partnership will help connect people with nature by creating a safe and accessible refuge, such as improving hunt roads and trails, as well as maintain infrastructure such as buildings and gates. This infrastructure improvement work not only saves money by proactively addressing maintenance issues, but also is important to ensuring a safe experience for visitors and staff.
|Federal Grant Title:||National Wildlife Refuge Enhancements|
|Federal Agency Name:||Fish and Wildlife Service (DOI-FWS)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||F19AS00360|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||September 13th, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||September 13th, 2019|
|Posted Date:||September 3rd, 2019|
|Creation Date:||September 3rd, 2019|
|Archive Date:||September 14th, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:||$70,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$70,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$500|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||September 3rd, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Grants Managment Specialist Annelee Motta 413-253-8290
- Similar Government Grants
- • Cooperative Marketing for Recreation Opportunities on the NWRS-15.654 National Wildlife Re...
- • National Wildlife Refuge System Enhancements
- • WVNWRC Habitat Management and Information/Education Support
- • Eastwood Drain Survey and Drainage Study
- • Heart of the Highlands Trails System Project
- • Visitor Center Enhancement at San Bernard National Wildlife Refuge - Trail & Public Use Ar...
- • Bridge Replacement at Panther Creek, Custer County OK
- More Grants from the Fish and Wildlife Service
- • Arctic Goose Joint Venture Notice of Funding Opportunity – Fiscal Year 2020
- • FY21 Neotropical Migratory Bird Conservation Act Grants
- • NAWCA FY21 U.S. Small Grants
- • Implementation of the Quagga and Zebra Mussel Action Plan (QZAP) in the Western United Sta...
- • FY 2021 Clean Vessel Act (CVA)