National Wildlife Refuges Friends Support Program
The summary for the National Wildlife Refuges Friends Support Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Fish and Wildlife Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
National Wildlife Refuges Friends Support Program: Community-based partnerships between Refuge Friends organizations and National Wildlife Refuge Systems have played an increasingly vital role in building visibility for Refuges nationwide. Friends organizations provide many important and needed services to the Refuge System including community inclusion, education programs, habitat restoration, special event support, volunteer staff, and fundraising for refuge projects. This single source cooperative agreement award in the amount of $100,000.00 will be awarded to the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation (NFWF) to cover expenses associated with the National Wildlife Refuge System Friends Academy Training. The Academy is a five day Friends leadership development course â¿¿ held annually in August â¿¿ designed for leader on the boards of Friends organizations seeking and needing a broader understanding of the National Wildlife Refuge System and enhancing skills to increase the effectiveness of Friends partnerships with FWS sites. This award is issued under the authority of the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act of 1934 (16 U.S.C. 2901-2911); Fish and Wildlife Act of 1956 (16 U.S.C. 742(a)-754); Refuge Recreation Act of 1962 (16 U.S.C. 460k-460k(4)); National Wildlife Refuge System Administration Act of 1966 (16 U.S.C. 668dd); Youth Conservation Corps Act of 1972 (16 U.S.C. 1701-1706); Archaeological Resources Protection Act of 1979 (16 U.S.C. 470aa-47011); The National Wildlife Refuge System Act of 1997 (Public Law 105-57); National Wildlife Refuge System Volunteer and Community Partnership Act of 2004 (Public Law 108-327); Federal Aid for Highways, HR 4348 (23 U.S.C. 201-204 and 206, Public Law 112-141).
|Federal Grant Title:||National Wildlife Refuges Friends Support Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Fish and Wildlife Service (DOI-FWS)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||F17AS00151|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||March 14th, 2017|
|Original Application Deadline:||March 14th, 2017|
|Posted Date:||March 7th, 2017|
|Creation Date:||March 7th, 2017|
|Archive Date:||March 15th, 2017|
|Total Program Funding:||$100,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$100,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$100,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||March 7th, 2017|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Grants Management Specialist Patrick Schulze 7033582690
- Similar Government Grants
- • Cooperative Marketing for Recreation Opportunities on the NWRS-15.654 National Wildlife Re...
- • National Wildlife Refuge System Enhancements
- • National Wildlife Refuge Enhancements
- • WVNWRC Habitat Management and Information/Education Support
- • Eastwood Drain Survey and Drainage Study
- • Heart of the Highlands Trails System Project
- • Visitor Center Enhancement at San Bernard National Wildlife Refuge - Trail & Public Use Ar...
- • Bridge Replacement at Panther Creek, Custer County OK
- More Grants from the Fish and Wildlife Service
- • Arctic Goose Joint Venture Notice of Funding Opportunity – Fiscal Year 2020
- • FY21 Neotropical Migratory Bird Conservation Act Grants
- • NAWCA FY21 U.S. Small Grants
- • Implementation of the Quagga and Zebra Mussel Action Plan (QZAP) in the Western United Sta...
- • FY 2021 Clean Vessel Act (CVA)