Natural Experiments of the Impact of Population-targeted Policies to Prevent Type 2 Diabetes and Diabetes Complications
The summary for the Natural Experiments of the Impact of Population-targeted Policies to Prevent Type 2 Diabetes and Diabetes Complications grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - ERA, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Natural Experiments of the Impact of Population-targeted Policies to Prevent Type 2 Diabetes and Diabetes Complications: This NOFO has two components, A and B. Component A (Natural Experiment Research Centers): To support a 5-year multi-center network of independent research centers to evaluate innovative, health system and non-health system-based natural experimental approaches to alter the diabetogenic characteristics of US communities. Applicants will select one of the following two tracks: Track 1 Evaluation of population-level programs or policies that affect population-level risk factors for type 2 diabetes (such as diet or physical activity, as well as other health behaviors; glucose; prediabetes), or Track 2 Evaluation of programs or policies aimed at improving care and management of diabetes, and the risk for diabetes complications. Component B (Coordinating Center): To fund a Coordinating Center (CC) to provide organizational, logistic and communication support to enhance the efficiency, productivity, and public health impact of the Natural Experiments research centers that are funded as part of Component A.
|Federal Grant Title:||Natural Experiments of the Impact of Population-targeted Policies to Prevent Type 2 Diabetes and Diabetes Complications|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - ERA (HHS-CDC-HHSCDCERA)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-DP-20-002|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||February 4th, 2020|
|Original Application Deadline:||February 4th, 2020|
|Posted Date:||November 29th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||November 29th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||March 5th, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:||$12,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$450,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||6|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||January 21st, 2020|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For-profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Sue Shaw
- Similar Government Grants
- • Assessing the Burden of Diabetes By Type in Children, Adolescents and Young Adults (DiCAYA...
- • State Public Health Approaches to Addressing Arthritis
- • Etiology and Outcome of Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- • Natural Experiments of Policy and Built Environment Impact on Diabetes Risk
- • Public Health Actions to Prevent and Control Diabetes, Tobacco Use, Heart Disease, and ass...
- • Health Promotion and Diabetes Prevention Projects for American Indian/Alaska Native (AI/AN...
- • National Program To Promote Diabetes Education Strategies in Minority Communities: The Nat...
- • Incidence, Natural History, and Quality of Life of Diabetes in Youth
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - ERA
- • Grants to Support New Investigators in Conducting Research Related to Preventing Interpers...
- • Environmental Health Specialists Network (EHS-Net) - Practice based research to improve fo...
- • Prevention Epicenters Program: Protecting Patients from Infections, Antibiotic Resistance ...
- • Evaluation of New HIV Testing Technologies in Clinical Settings with High HIV Incidence
- • Rapid-Cycle Survey Collaborative for Patient and Provider Input on Immunization Issues