Natural Resource Conservation Careers Program
The summary for the Natural Resource Conservation Careers Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Fish and Wildlife Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Natural Resource Conservation Careers Program: The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service's (USFWS or Service) National Wildlife Refuge System is accepting proposals from non-profit, state, and local government youth and veteran serving organizations with the interest and capacity to work cooperatively with the USFWS to develop introductory educational experiences in natural resource careers to young people and veterans, including culturally, ethnically and economically diverse students and underserved communities that traditionally have low participation in outdoor recreation activities through hands-on experience and mentoring at a variety of USFWS programs including but not limited to, national wildlife refuges, fish hatcheries, and ecological services offices. Under this program, individuals and/or groups of youth, young adults, and veterans:Will be introduced to natural resource careers through hands-on work with, and training by, natural resource professionals employed by the USFWS. May be given the opportunity to serve both seasonal and or year-round assignments.Will enhance conservation stewardship; increase outdoor recreation opportunities for all Americans and improve the management of game species and their habitats for this generation and beyond.Will be introduced to various real-world conservation and rehabilitation activities such as invasive species management, habitat restoration, wildlife management, public education and interpretation, disaster response and mitigation, and communications, mixed with informal and formal training sessions directed by USFWS employees during assignments.Will enhance and expand public access to lands and watersWill be provided feedback for their future growth and may receive consideration for future employment with the USFWS.This award is made under the authority of the Powers and Duties of the Secretary of the Interior (16 U.S.C. 460 Sec. 460l (lower case "L")-1(d) and (f); Fish and Wildlife Act of 1956, as amended by the Fish and Wildlife Improvement Act of 1978 ( 16 U.S.C. 742a-754j-2, as amended; Fish and Wildlife Coordination Act (16 U.S.C. 661); National Fish Hatchery System Volunteer Act of 2006 (Public Law 109-360); National Wildlife Refuge System Improvement Act of 1997; National Wildlife Refuge System Volunteer and Community Partnership Enhancement Act of 1998 ( 16 U.S.C. 742j); Public Lands Corps Act of 1993, as amended 2005 (16 U.S.C. 1721-1726, P.L. 109-154); Youth Conservation Corps Act of 1972 (P.L. 93-408).
|Federal Grant Title:||Natural Resource Conservation Careers Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Fish and Wildlife Service (DOI-FWS)|
|Grant Categories:||Education Environment Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||F18AS00058|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||February 15th, 2018|
|Original Application Deadline:||February 15th, 2018|
|Posted Date:||December 15th, 2017|
|Creation Date:||December 15th, 2017|
|Archive Date:||February 16th, 2018|
|Total Program Funding:||$20,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$5,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1|
|Expected Number of Awards:||80|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||December 15th, 2017|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Grants Managent Specialist Patrick Schulze 703 358 2567
- Similar Government Grants
- • Youth Engagement, Education, and Employment
- • Migratory Birds Joint Ventures: Youth Engagement, Education and Employment
- • Youth Engagement, Education, and Employment Programs
- • Alaska Science and Culture Camp Educational Program- Henshaw Creek Culture and Science Cam...
- • Youth Engagement, Education and Employment Programs
- • Environmental Stewards Program
- • Providence Parks Urban Presence Partnership Project
- More Grants from the Fish and Wildlife Service
- • Arctic Goose Joint Venture Notice of Funding Opportunity – Fiscal Year 2020
- • FY21 Neotropical Migratory Bird Conservation Act Grants
- • NAWCA FY21 U.S. Small Grants
- • Implementation of the Quagga and Zebra Mussel Action Plan (QZAP) in the Western United Sta...
- • FY 2021 Clean Vessel Act (CVA)