New Investigation Initiatives for the Prevention of Complications of Thalassemia (U01)
The summary for the New Investigation Initiatives for the Prevention of Complications of Thalassemia (U01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
New Investigation Initiatives for the Prevention of Complications of Thalassemia (U01): . The purpose of this research announcement is to provide support to two organizations to join four projects previously funded under CDC Announcement 02088 for the prevention of complications of thalassemia with the focus of directing resources to: (1) provide comprehensive healthcare services for thalassemia treatment and to prevent complications of this condition through assessment, surveillance, outreach, education, consultation, and patient management; (2) participate in blood safety monitoring and surveillance efforts; (3) develop an evaluation system to assess the efficacy and adequacy of prevention and research activities; (4) collaborate with lay organizations to deliver consistent and effective prevention messages and services aimed at preventing complications; and (5) develop research ideas and methods to determine, measure, and modify treatment and follow-up protocols to maximize the achievement of optimal medical-driven outcomes.
|Federal Grant Title:||New Investigation Initiatives for the Prevention of Complications of Thalassemia (U01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-DD-07-011|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention_Investigations and Technical Assistance|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 21, 2007 Letter of Intent Due Date: April 21,|
|Posted Date:||Apr 04, 2007|
|Creation Date:||Apr 04, 2007|
|Archive Date:||Jun 20, 2007|
|Total Program Funding:||$500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$300,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||2|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible Organizations: Public nonprofit organizations, Private nonprofit organizations, Universities, Colleges, Research institutions, Hospitals, State and local governments or their Bona Fide Agents (this includes the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, the Commonwealth of the Northern Marianna Islands, American Samoa, Guam, the Federated States of Micronesia, the Republic of the Marshall Islands, and the Republic of Palau)
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CDC Procurement and Grants Office
Technical Information Management
Phone 770-488-2700 PGOTIM@cdc.gov PGO Technical Information Management
- Similar Government Grants
- • Epidemiology of Lupus: Longitudinal Studies in Population-Based Cohorts
- • Improving Detection and Management of Glaucoma and Other Eye Diseases Among High Risk Popu...
- • TREST
- • Sustaining the Expansion of the Overseas Health Assessment and Management of U.S.-Bound Re...
- • National Partnerships to Promote Cancer Surveillance Standards and Support Data Quality an...
- • Postdoctoral Fellowship Training Program in Infectious Diseases
- • A Cooperative Agreement to Improve the Interaction Between Public Health Academicians and ...
- • A Cooperative Agreement to Strengthen Collaboration Between the Disciplines of Academic Me...
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2