Notice of CESU Funding Opportunity Everglades Ecosystem Restoration and Management
The summary for the Notice of CESU Funding Opportunity Everglades Ecosystem Restoration and Management grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Park Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Notice of CESU Funding Opportunity Everglades Ecosystem Restoration and Management: The South Florida Natural Resource Center of Everglades National Park is soliciting proposals from Principal Investigators of five Regional CESU Networks to address high priority research questions and needs for information synthesis and modeling that serve restoration planning and assessment. Effectively addressing these questions will help resource managers promote the restoration and sustainability of the Everglades and more effectively mitigate, ameliorate, or avoid ecological degradation that is caused by un-managed drivers and disturbance events in the future. Six general topics of interest and associated key issues that may be addressed via this Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) include:1. Everglades restoration actions and effects along Everglades National Park boundaries.2. Estuaries and coastal wetlands of the Everglades3. Exotic Invasive species4. Biodiversity and rare, threatened and endangered species5. Cultural Resources6. Ecosystem services and human ecologySpecific elements of each of these topics are described in the full NOFO attached under the related documents tab.
|Federal Grant Title:||Notice of CESU Funding Opportunity Everglades Ecosystem Restoration and Management|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Park Service (DOI-NPS)|
|Grant Categories:||Education Environment Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||P17AS00174|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 11th, 2017|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 11th, 2017|
|Posted Date:||April 10th, 2017|
|Creation Date:||April 10th, 2017|
|Archive Date:||June 11th, 2017|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$300,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$20,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||7|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||April 27th, 2017|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Principal Investigators from active CESU member institutions in any of five Regional CESU Networks: Gulf Coast, South Florida-Caribbean, Piedmont-South Atlantic Coast, Chesapeake Watershed, and North Atlantic Coast
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Financial Assistance Specialist Emmett Johnson 3052427028
Financial Assistance Specialist
- Similar Government Grants
- • Ethnographic Overview and Traditional Associations Study of Channel Islands National Park ...
- • Prepare Historic Resources Study of Climbing for Joshua Tree National Park, California
- • Management techniques to enhance California prairie biodiversity
- • Conservation of native biodiversity in Southern California National Parks
- • Improve control strategies for invasive plants and fungal pathogens in Hawaii Volcanoes Na...
- • Historic Structure Analysis of Bowman-Hite House and Bank Barn, Cedar Creek and Belle Grov...
- • National Park Service- Catalog Southwest Regional Office Central Files
- • National Park Service- Archeological Testing at LA162528/PECO742, Pigeon's Ranch Subunit, ...
- More Grants from the National Park Service
- • Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Area
- • Essex National Heritage Area
- • Hudson River Valley National Heritage Area
- • Lackawanna Valley National Heritage Area
- • Susquehanna National Heritage Area