Notice of Intent: Colorado Plateau Dark Skies Cooperative Coordinator Internship
The summary for the Notice of Intent: Colorado Plateau Dark Skies Cooperative Coordinator Internship grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Park Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Notice of Intent: Colorado Plateau Dark Skies Cooperative Coordinator Internship: (1) The CPDSC coordinator intern will serve to further the work and goals of the CPDSC. The intern will work to enhance collaboration of local communities, municipal planning organizations, advocacy groups, natural history associations, intergovernmental internships programs, dark sky study centers, and land managers. The effort will include promoting night sky-related activities, providing community support for astronomy events, engaging in citizen outreach, educating diverse audiences, distributing information to educators, assisting with community lighting projects, retrofits and ordinances that reduce light pollution, and providing community outreach support to parks and other protected lands within the Plateau. These efforts are expected to benefit citizens and potential park visitors throughout the region and beyond. The intern will be responsible for working toward these goals, with content and advising provided by the IMR Natural Sounds & Night Skies Coordinator, the former CPDSC Coordinator, and the University of Utah (UUT), which will be responsible for supervision. The project will fulfill public purpose by engaging the recipient, partners, communities, and park visitors in shared environmental stewardship, by providing a key professional and leadership development opportunity for the intern, and by assisting in the creation, promotion, facilitation, and improvement of the publicâ¿¿s understanding of the natural, cultural, historic, scientific aspects, and importance of dark sky conservation.
|Federal Grant Title:||Notice of Intent: Colorado Plateau Dark Skies Cooperative Coordinator Internship|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Park Service (DOI-NPS)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||P17AS00041|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||December 27th, 2016|
|Original Application Deadline:||December 27th, 2016|
|Posted Date:||December 19th, 2016|
|Creation Date:||December 19th, 2016|
|Archive Date:||December 29th, 2016|
|Total Program Funding:||$66,200|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$66,200|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||December 19th, 2016|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Kelly Adams
- Similar Government Grants
- • MACA Administrative History
- • Visitor Use Study at Waco Mammoth National Monument
- • Stabilization of Rock Springs Land and Cattle Company Headquarters Building
- • Stabilization of Telegraph Building at OX Ranch
- • An investigation of the Impact of the NPS to New Mexico's Outdoor Recreation Economy ...
- • Historic Structure Analysis of Bowman-Hite House and Bank Barn, Cedar Creek and Belle Grov...
- • National Park Service- Catalog Southwest Regional Office Central Files
- • National Park Service- Archeological Testing at LA162528/PECO742, Pigeon's Ranch Subunit, ...
- More Grants from the National Park Service
- • Japanese American Confinement Sites Grant Program
- • Engaging Youth through Trails, Roads and Environmental Restoration Projects
- • Youth Work Programs Cross Cultural Learning - Tomaquag Interns
- • Lowell Folk Festival Support
- • Collaborative Management Through Implementation of the Upper Delaware River Management Pla...