Notice of Intent: Lakeshore Archeological Site Condition Assessment
The summary for the Notice of Intent: Lakeshore Archeological Site Condition Assessment grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Park Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Notice of Intent: Lakeshore Archeological Site Condition Assessment: This project will assess the impact of visiting boaters (i.e., water-based recreation) on cultural resources in Glen Canyon National Recreation Area (GLCA), in addition, the condition of known archeological sites along the Lake Powell shoreline will be evaluated, and an associated report will be produced. At least 120 high-priority site condition assessments will be performed. This project will engage youth in resource stewardship through employment opportunities with the Recipient. It will also provide baseline inventory and evaluation data enabling GLCA to better 1) develop interpretive material and publications that inform the public on why protection of archeological sites is important, 2) assess the effects of water-based recreation on cultural resources, and 3) identify vulnerable and frequently-visited resources for preservation, monitoring, mitigation, and treatment measures that protect sites for visitor enjoyment. The Recipient will also engage the public through disseminating project results outside of NPS contexts.
|Federal Grant Title:||Notice of Intent: Lakeshore Archeological Site Condition Assessment|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Park Service (DOI-NPS)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||P17AS00424|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||July 3rd, 2017|
|Original Application Deadline:||July 3rd, 2017|
|Posted Date:||June 22nd, 2017|
|Creation Date:||June 22nd, 2017|
|Archive Date:||July 5th, 2017|
|Total Program Funding:||$99,500|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||June 22nd, 2017|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Non-competitive Notice of Intent to Award
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Todd Wilson
- Similar Government Grants
- • Ethnographic Overview and Traditional Associations Study of Channel Islands National Park ...
- • Prepare Historic Resources Study of Climbing for Joshua Tree National Park, California
- • Management techniques to enhance California prairie biodiversity
- • Conservation of native biodiversity in Southern California National Parks
- • Improve control strategies for invasive plants and fungal pathogens in Hawaii Volcanoes Na...
- • Historic Structure Analysis of Bowman-Hite House and Bank Barn, Cedar Creek and Belle Grov...
- • National Park Service- Catalog Southwest Regional Office Central Files
- • National Park Service- Archeological Testing at LA162528/PECO742, Pigeon's Ranch Subunit, ...
- More Grants from the National Park Service
- • Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Area
- • Essex National Heritage Area
- • Hudson River Valley National Heritage Area
- • Lackawanna Valley National Heritage Area
- • Susquehanna National Heritage Area