Nutrition, Physical Activity and Obesity Program
The summary for the Nutrition, Physical Activity and Obesity Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Nutrition, Physical Activity and Obesity Program: The purpose of this cooperative agreement program is to improve healthful eating and physical activity to prevent and control obesity and other chronic diseases by building and sustaining statewide capacity, and implementing population based strategies and interventions.
|Federal Grant Title:||Nutrition, Physical Activity and Obesity Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-DP08-805|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention_Investigations and Technical Assistance|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 17, 2008|
|Posted Date:||Jan 16, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Jan 16, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Apr 16, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:||$16,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$350,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||30|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligibility is limited to state and territorial health departments because they have the ability to . organize and ensure that vital public health activities, programs, and activities in their state are expeditiously disseminated; . collect and access health behavior and health outcome data through their statewide data surveillance systems and surveys; . focus on public health planning and develop comprehensive statewide health plans; and . develop statewide program policies, rules and guidelines.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Technical Information Management Section
Department of Health and Human Services
CDC Procurement and Grants Office
Phone 770-488-2700 email@example.com Technical Information Management Section
- Similar Government Grants
- • National Foundation for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • Strengthening the Nation's Public Health Communication Infrastructure to Respond to C...
- • Technical Collaboration to Strengthen and Expand Capacity to Assess, Prevent, and Mitigate...
- • Advancing the Centers of Excellence in Newcomer Health
- • Epidemiology of Lupus: Longitudinal Studies in Population-Based Cohorts
- • Postdoctoral Fellowship Training Program in Infectious Diseases
- • A Cooperative Agreement to Improve the Interaction Between Public Health Academicians and ...
- • A Cooperative Agreement to Strengthen Collaboration Between the Disciplines of Academic Me...
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2