OJJDP FY 2010 National Evaluation of Safe Start Promising Approaches
The summary for the OJJDP FY 2010 National Evaluation of Safe Start Promising Approaches grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Office of Juvenile Justice Delinquency Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
OJJDP FY 2010 National Evaluation of Safe Start Promising Approaches: The focus of the Safe Start Promising Approaches Project is to help communities implement collaborative cross-agency services that reduce the impact of children's exposure to violence. OJJDP will select up to 10 sites to participate in the initial 18-month budget period, and OJJDP may award supplemental funding for three additional 1-year periods.This national evaluation will assess which program strategies yield the best outcomes for children and enhance understanding of the scope of the problem of children's exposure to violence. For the purpose of this solicitation, "exposure to violence" is defined as being a victim of violence or a witness to violence and encompasses abuse, neglect or child maltreatment, domestic violence, and community violence. For additional information about the Safe Start program, which has been administered by OJJDP since 1999, see the program Web site (www.safestartcenter.org).
|Federal Grant Title:||OJJDP FY 2010 National Evaluation of Safe Start Promising Approaches|
|Federal Agency Name:||Office of Juvenile Justice Delinquency Prevention|
|Grant Categories:||Law Justice and Legal Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||OJJDP-2010-2742|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Reduction and Prevention of Children's Exposure to Violence|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jun 25, 2010 All|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 25, 2010|
|Posted Date:||May 14, 2010|
|Creation Date:||May 14, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Jul 25, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$766,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- For technical assistance with submitting an application, call the Grants.gov Customer Support Hotline at 1-800-518-4726 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Grants.gov Support Hotline hours of operation are 24 hours, 7 days a week, except federal holidays.
Grants.gov Helpdesk [email@example.com]
- Similar Government Grants
- • OJJDP FY 13 Support to the Attorney General's Task Force on American Indian/Alaska Native ...
- • OJJDP FY 2011 Defending Childhood Task Force Technical Assistance Project
- • OJJDP FY 2011 TA Program To Address Commercial Sexual Exploitation/Domestic Minor Sex Traf...
- • OJJDP FY 2011 Defending Childhood Technical Assistance
- • OJJDP FY 2010 Safe Start Promising Approaches Project
- • FY 2005 OJJDP Evaluation of Safe Start: Promising Approaches for Children Exposed to Viole...
- • OJJDP Safe Start: Promising Approaches for Children Exposed to Violence
- • Attorney Generals Children Exposed to Violence Demonstration Program: Phase I
- More Grants from the Office of Juvenile Justice Delinquency Prevention
- • OJJDP FY 19 Non Participating State Program
- • OJJDP FY 19 Strengthening Investigative Tools and Technology for Combating Child Sexual Ex...
- • OJJDP FY 19 Specialized Services and Mentoring for Child and Youth Victims of Sex Traffick...
- • OJJDP FY 19 Second Chance Act Youth Offender Reentry Program
- • OJJDP FY 19 Supporting Effective Interventions for Adolescent Sex Offenders and Youth with...