OJJDP Safe Start: Promising Approaches for Children Exposed to Violence
The summary for the OJJDP Safe Start: Promising Approaches for Children Exposed to Violence grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Office of Justice Programs, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
OJJDP Safe Start: Promising Approaches for Children Exposed to Violence: The Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP) is requesting applications for the Safe Start: Promising Approaches for Children Exposed to Violence project. This project will help local communities implement collaborative cross-agency strategies for effectively reducing the impact of children?s exposure to violence. For the purpose of this project, exposure to violence includes both direct victimization (e.g. child abuse, neglect, or maltreatment) and indirect victimization (e.g. witnessing domestic violence or community violence). Children?s exposure to other forms of violence?such as violence in the media, terrorism, and war?is beyond the scope of this project. Applicants should propose strategies that are grounded in current research and knowledge of best practices in the field of exposure to violence. Grantees under this project will be required to collect and submit data on participants and outcomes as described in the solicitation, as well as to participate in a national evaluation of the initiative. OJJDP will select up to 14 applicants to receive up to $210,000 in funding through cooperative agreements for up to a 4-year period.
|Federal Grant Title:||OJJDP Safe Start: Promising Approaches for Children Exposed to Violence|
|Federal Agency Name:||Office of Justice Programs|
|Grant Categories:||Law Justice and Legal Services Income Security and Social Services Health Community Development|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||DOJ-GRANTS-071604-001|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Reduction and Prevention of Children's Exposure to Violence|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Sep 10, 2004|
|Posted Date:||Jul 16, 2004|
|Creation Date:||Jul 16, 2004|
|Archive Date:||Oct 10, 2004|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments County governments City or township governments Independent school districts Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education For profit organizations other than small businesses
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Helpdesk, GMS, GMS Helpdesk, Phone 888-549-9901, Email email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org Helpdesk, GMS
- Similar Government Grants
- • OJJDP FY 13 Support to the Attorney General's Task Force on American Indian/Alaska Native ...
- • OJJDP FY 2011 Defending Childhood Task Force Technical Assistance Project
- • OJJDP FY 2011 TA Program To Address Commercial Sexual Exploitation/Domestic Minor Sex Traf...
- • OJJDP FY 2011 Defending Childhood Technical Assistance
- • OJJDP FY 2010 National Evaluation of Safe Start Promising Approaches
- • FY 2005 OJJDP Evaluation of Safe Start: Promising Approaches for Children Exposed to Viole...
- • Attorney Generals Children Exposed to Violence Demonstration Program: Phase I
- • OJJDP FY 2010 Child Protection Division Fellowship Program on Children's Exposure to Viole...
- More Grants from the Office of Justice Programs
- • National Center for Building Community Trust and Justice: Improving the Justice System by ...
- • FY 2014 U.S. Department of Justice Coordinated Tribal Assistance Solicitation
- • U.S. Department of Justice Coordinated Tribal Assistance Solicitation
- • OJJDP FY 16 Practitioner-Researcher Partnership in Cognitive Behavioral Mentoring Program
- • OJJDP FY 16 Juvenile Drug Courts Training and Technical Assistance Program