OVC FY 2018 Specialized Services for Victims of Human Trafficking
The summary for the OVC FY 2018 Specialized Services for Victims of Human Trafficking grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Office for Victims of Crime, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
OVC FY 2018 Specialized Services for Victims of Human Trafficking: The purpose of this program is to enhance the quality and quantity of specialized services available to assist victims of human trafficking, as defined by the Trafficking Victims Protection Act of 2000, as amended. OVC is interested in supporting programs that focus on one or more of these priority areas: 1) housing services, 2) economic and leadership empowerment and/or education services, 3) mental health services, 4) substance abuse services, and 5) legal services. OVC expects to make up to 20 awards of up to $700,000, with an estimated total amount awarded of up to $14 million. OVC expects to make awards for a 36-month period of performance, to begin on October 1, 2018. OVC will conduct one pre-application webinar on May 31, 2018, from 3:004:00 p.m. e.t. Register at www.ovc.gov/grants/webinars.html. Apply by June 27, 2018.
|Federal Grant Title:||OVC FY 2018 Specialized Services for Victims of Human Trafficking|
|Federal Agency Name:||Office for Victims of Crime (USDOJ-OJP-OVC)|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services Law Justice and Legal Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||OVC-2018-14041|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||June 27th, 2018|
|Original Application Deadline:||June 27th, 2018|
|Posted Date:||May 14th, 2018|
|Creation Date:||May 14th, 2018|
|Archive Date:||No date given|
|Total Program Funding:||$14,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$700,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||20|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
|Last Updated:||May 14th, 2018|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- By statute, grants under this program may be awarded to states, units of local government, federally recognized Indian tribal governments (as determined by the Secretary of the Interior), nonprofit groups (defined as an organization that is described in section 501(c)(3) of Title 26 and is exempt from taxation under 501 (a) of such title), and nongovernmental organizations (including tribal nonprofits). For the purposes of this program, a unit of local government is any city, county, township, town, borough, parish, village, or other general purpose political subdivision of a state, territory, or federally recognized Indian tribal government. Nonprofit organizations that hold money in offshore accounts for the purpose of avoiding paying the tax described in 26 U.S.C. § 511(a) are not eligible to apply. All recipients and subrecipients must forgo any profit or management fee. OVC may elect to fund applications submitted under this FY 2018 solicitation in future fiscal years, dependent on, among other considerations, the merit of the applications and on the availability of appropriations. OVC welcomes applications under which two or more entities would carry out the federal award; however, only one entity may be the applicant. Any others must be proposed as subrecipients (subgrantees). The applicant must be the entity that would have primary responsibility for carrying out the award, including administering the funding and managing the entire project. Only one application per lead applicant will be considered. An entity may, however, be proposed as a subrecipient (subgrantee) in more than one application. Grantees awarded funding in Fiscal Years (FY) 2016 or 2017 under the Specialized Services for Victims of Human Trafficking solicitation are not eligible to apply for funding under this solicitation, unless the new proposal outlines new services, cost items, or a distinct geographic scope not included in the FY 2016 or 2017 application.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Funding Opportunity
- Grant Announcement Contact
- For assistance with any other requirements of this solicitation, contact OVCs National Criminal Justice Reference Service (NCJRS) Response Center: toll free at 8008513420; via TTY at 3012406310 (hearing impaired only); email to email@example.com; fax to 3012405830; or web chat at https://webcontact.ncjrs.gov/ncjchat/chat.jsp. The NCJRS Response Center operates from 10:00 a.m.6:00 p.m., eastern time, Monday through Friday, and from 10:00 a.m.8:00 p.m., eastern time on the solicitation closing date.
OVCs National Criminal Justice Reference Service (NCJRS) Response Center
- Similar Government Grants
- • OVC FY 2020 Services for Minor Victims of Sex Trafficking
- • BJA FY 20 Human Trafficking Training and Technical Assistance Program
- • OVC FY 2020 Services for Victims of Human Trafficking
- • OJP FY 2020 Enhanced Collaborative Model Task Force to Combat Human Trafficking
- • OVC FY 2020 Improving Outcomes for Child and Youth Victims of Human Trafficking
- • FY 2005 BJA /OVC Joint Call for Human Trafficking Concept Papers
- • FY 2004 BJA Law Enforcement Response to Human Trafficking
- • FY 2004 OVW Comprehensive Services for Trafficking Victims
- More Grants from the Office for Victims of Crime
- • OVC FY 2020 Targeted Training and Technical Assistance for VOCA Victim Assistance and Comp...
- • OVC FY 2020 Services for Minor Victims of Sex Trafficking
- • OVC FY 2020 Improving Community Preparedness to Assist Victims of Mass Violence or Domesti...
- • OVC FY 2020 Tribal Victim Services Set-Aside Formula Program
- • OVC FY 2020 Emergency Transitional Pet Shelter Housing and Assistance Grant Program