OVC FY 2019 Using Telehealth to Improve Care, Access and Quality of Sexual Assault Forensic Exams
The summary for the OVC FY 2019 Using Telehealth to Improve Care, Access and Quality of Sexual Assault Forensic Exams grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Office for Victims of Crime, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
OVC FY 2019 Using Telehealth to Improve Care, Access and Quality of Sexual Assault Forensic Exams: OVC is seeking applications for funding to enhance the care for sexual assault victims, improve access and quality of forensic examinations, and expand access to the expertise of Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners (SANEs) through telehealth technology for communities with limited access to trained SANEs. Apply under one of the following two purpose areas. Purpose Area 1: State/Tribal/Regional Demonstration Sites - the primary goal of this program is to increase the number of highly trained, experienced SANEs and other medical forensic examiners and provide high-quality care for victims of sexual assault. Purpose Area 2: Technical Assistance Provider - the successful applicant under this program will provide technical assistance to the Purpose Area 1 sites during the planning and implementation of a telehealth program. Apply by July 17, 2019.
|Federal Grant Title:||OVC FY 2019 Using Telehealth to Improve Care, Access and Quality of Sexual Assault Forensic Exams|
|Federal Agency Name:||Office for Victims of Crime (USDOJ-OJP-OVC)|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services Law Justice and Legal Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||OVC-2019-15646|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||July 17th, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||July 17th, 2019|
|Posted Date:||June 7th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||June 7th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||No date given|
|Total Program Funding:||$14,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$4,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||4|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||June 7th, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Purpose Area 1, State/Tribal/Regional Demonstration Sites: Eligible applicants are limited to state health departments; nonprofit organizations and for-profit organizations (including tribal nonprofit and for-profit organizations); institutions of higher education (including tribal institutions of higher education); accredited schools of nursing; academic health centers; public, private or nonprofit hospitals; and federally recognized Indian tribal governments (as determined by the Secretary of the Interior)(a determination by the Secretary of the Interior is not required for tribes to which federal recognition was extended by virtue of Public Law 115-121, the Thomasina E. Jordan Indian Tribes of Virginia Federal Recognition Act of 2017). Note: Separate and unique funding is available for tribal applicants, and therefore OVC anticipates that they will not compete with non-tribal applicants due to the availability of that funding (for more information, see Federal Award Information on page 11). Award recipients from OVCs Fiscal Year 2016 Using Telemedicine Technology to Enhance Access to Sexual Assault Forensic Exams are not eligible to apply, unless the FY 2019 proposal outlines new services, cost items, or service areas that were not included in the FY 2016 application. Purpose Area 2, Technical Assistance Provider: Applicants are limited to state agencies, public agencies, federally recognized tribal governments (as determined by the Secretary of the Interior), nonprofit and for-profit organizations (including tribal nonprofit and for-profit organizations), and institutions of higher education (including tribal institutions of higher education). Applicants must have: (1) demonstrated experience and understanding of telehealth technology, sexual assault victimization, and the many needs of sexual assault victims; (2) the ability to forge partnerships to meet the wide range of assistance that victims need; and (3) the staff resources and capacity to provide technical assistance support to awarded Purpose Area 1 organizations and their stakeholders to successfully implement this project. For Purpose Areas 1 and 2, all recipients and subrecipients (including any for-profit organization) must forgo any profit or management fee. OVC will consider applications under which two or more entities would carry out the federal award; however, only one entity may be the applicant. Any others must be proposed as subrecipients (subgrantees). The applicant must be the entity that would have primary responsibility for carrying out the award, including administering the funding and managing the entire project. Under this solicitation, only one application by any particular applicant entity will be considered. An entity may, however, be proposed as a subrecipient (subgrantee) in more than one application. For additional information on subawards, see the OJP Grant Application Resource Guide. OVC may elect to fund applications submitted under this FY 2019 solicitation in future fiscal years, dependent on, among other considerations, the merit of the applications and on the availability of appropriations.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Funding Opportunity
- Grant Announcement Contact
- For assistance with any other requirements of this solicitation, contact OVCs National Criminal Justice Reference Service (NCJRS) Response Center: toll free at 8008513420; via TTY at 3012406310 (hearing impaired only); email to firstname.lastname@example.org; fax to 3012405830; or web chat at https://webcontact.ncjrs.gov/ncjchat/chat.jsp.The NCJRS Response Center operates from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., eastern time, Monday through Friday, and from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., eastern time on the solicitation closing date.
- Similar Government Grants
- • National Survey of Internet- and Technology-Facilitated Child Exploitation, FY 2019
- • Longitudinal Research on Delinquency and Crime, FY 2019
- • Establishment of a National Center on Restorative Justice, FY2019
- • Evaluation of Street Law Programs, FY 2019
- • Evaluation of Juvenile Corrections Executive Leadership Training, FY 2019
- • NIJ FY06 Forensic Science Research Targeting Forensic Engineering, Forensic Pathology, Odo...
- • NIJ FY06 Evaluation of OJJDP's Sexual Exploitation of Children Demonstration Program
- • NIJ FY06 Forensic DNA Research and Development
- More Grants from the Office for Victims of Crime
- • OVC FY 2019 Field-Generated Solutions for Tribal & Non-Tribal Communities to Improve Servi...
- • OVC FY 2019 Transforming America's Response to Elder Abuse: Mobilizing Attorneys for Older...
- • OVC FY 2019 Specialized Human Trafficking Training and Technical Assistance and Resource D...
- • OVC FY 2019 Transforming America's Response to Elder Abuse: Enhanced Multidisciplinary Tea...
- • OVC FY 2019 Direct Services to Support Victims of Human Trafficking