NIJ FY06 Forensic DNA Research and Development
The summary for the NIJ FY06 Forensic DNA Research and Development grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Office of Justice Programs, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
NIJ FY06 Forensic DNA Research and Development: The National Institute of Justice (NIJ) seeks proposals for research and development to enhance the forensic uses of DNA technology. This solicitation focuses on technologies that result in faster, more robust, more informative, less costly, or less labor-intensive identification, collection, preservation, and/or analysis of DNA evidence collected from crime scenes. Priority will be given to proposals focusing on the following: 1. Software tools for mixture interpretation of DNA data from casework samples. 2. Physical separation of the components of a mixture. 3. Automated sperm searches. 4. Body fluid/cell type identification. 5. Preliminary genetic determination of probative evidentiary samples. 6. Identification and/or characterization of genetic marker systems that have the potential to reveal additional or more powerful information about the source of the biological evidence. 7. Improved tools for examining aged, degraded, limited, damaged, or otherwise compromised DNA evidence.
|Federal Grant Title:||NIJ FY06 Forensic DNA Research and Development|
|Federal Agency Name:||Office of Justice Programs|
|Grant Categories:||Law Justice and Legal Services Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||2006-NIJ-1133|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement Other|
|CFDA Descriptions:||National Institute of Justice Research, Evaluation, and Development Project Grants|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Nov 17, 2005|
|Posted Date:||Nov 16, 2005|
|Creation Date:||Nov 16, 2005|
|Archive Date:||Dec 17, 2005|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Helpdesk, GMS, GMS Helpdesk, Phone 888-549-9901, Email email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org Helpdesk, GMS
- Similar Government Grants
- • National Survey of Internet- and Technology-Facilitated Child Exploitation, FY 2019
- • Longitudinal Research on Delinquency and Crime, FY 2019
- • Establishment of a National Center on Restorative Justice, FY2019
- • Evaluation of Street Law Programs, FY 2019
- • Evaluation of Juvenile Corrections Executive Leadership Training, FY 2019
- • NIJ FY06 Forensic Science Research Targeting Forensic Engineering, Forensic Pathology, Odo...
- • NIJ FY06 Evaluation of OJJDP's Sexual Exploitation of Children Demonstration Program
- • NIJ FY06 Forensic Toxicology Research and Development
- More Grants from the Office of Justice Programs
- • National Center for Building Community Trust and Justice: Improving the Justice System by ...
- • FY 2014 U.S. Department of Justice Coordinated Tribal Assistance Solicitation
- • U.S. Department of Justice Coordinated Tribal Assistance Solicitation
- • OJJDP FY 16 Practitioner-Researcher Partnership in Cognitive Behavioral Mentoring Program
- • OJJDP FY 16 Juvenile Drug Courts Training and Technical Assistance Program