OVW FY 2012 Domestic Violence Homicide Prevention Demonstration Initiative
The summary for the OVW FY 2012 Domestic Violence Homicide Prevention Demonstration Initiative grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Office of Violence Against Women, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
OVW FY 2012 Domestic Violence Homicide Prevention Demonstration Initiative: OVW has initiated the Domestic Violence Homicide Prevention Demonstrative Initiative (DI) to implement domestic violence homicide reduction and prevention models and evaluate how well they work in different communities as well as the key components of successful adaptations of the models. In addition, the DI will help build the capacity of state, local and tribal jurisdictions to improve identification of and services for high risk victims while better monitoring high-risk offenders to reduce domestic violence related homicide. It is OVW's hope that the DI will also identify barriers to providing quality assistance and advocacy and document and disseminate solutions for replication.
|Federal Grant Title:||OVW FY 2012 Domestic Violence Homicide Prevention Demonstration Initiative|
|Federal Agency Name:||Office of Violence Against Women|
|Grant Categories:||Health Humanities Law Justice and Legal Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||OVW-2012-3379|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Grants to Encourage Arrest Policies and Enforcement of Protection Orders Program|
|Current Application Deadline:||Oct 16, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||Oct 16, 2012|
|Posted Date:||September 5th, 2012|
|Creation Date:||Sep 05, 2012|
|Archive Date:||Nov 15, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:||$3,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||12|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Kim Cortez Phone 202-353-3923
- Similar Government Grants
- • OVW FY 2019 Improving Criminal Justice Responses to Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, Se...
- • OVW FY 2018 Improving Criminal Justice Responses to Sexual Assault, Domestic Violence, Dat...
- • OVW FY 2017 Improving Criminal Justice Responses to Sexual Assault, Domestic Violence, Dat...
- • OVW FY 2016 Improving Criminal Justice Responses to Sexual Assault, Domestic Violence, Dat...
- • OVW FY 2015 Sexual Assault Justice Initiative
- • FY 2006 Grants to Encourage Arrest Policies and Enforcement of Protection Orders
- • FY 2004 OVW Grants to Encourage Arrest Policies and Enforcement of Protection Orders Progr...
- • FY 2005 OVW Grants to Encourage Arrest Policies And Enforcement of Protection Orders
- More Grants from the Office of Violence Against Women
- • OVW FY 2013 Legal Assistance for Victims Grant Program, District of Columbia (DC) Special ...
- • OVW FY 2013 Court Training and Improvements Program: Domestic Violence Mentor Court Initia...
- • OVW FY 2013 National Tribal Protection Order Registry Initiative
- • OVW FY 2012 Domestic Violence Homicide Prevention Demonstration Initiative Technical Assis...
- • OVW FY 2012 Training and Technical Assistance to Support Grantee Reporting