OVW FY 2012 Training and Technical Assistance to Support Grantee Reporting
The summary for the OVW FY 2012 Training and Technical Assistance to Support Grantee Reporting grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Office of Violence Against Women, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
OVW FY 2012 Training and Technical Assistance to Support Grantee Reporting: There are different statutory and regulatory reporting requirements that govern OVW and grantees funded under VAWA. The Violence Against Women Act of 2000 requires that all VAWA grantees report on the effectiveness of their programs to the Attorney General, who, in turn, must report to Congress every two years on the effectiveness of grant-funded activities.42 U.S.C. ' 3789. In addition, some OVW grant programs have specific reporting requirements as outlined in the respective authorizing legislation. In response to these statutorily mandated reporting requirements, OVW developed annual and semi-annual progress reporting forms for each OVW grant program that track grant-funded activities and incorporate measures selected as goals of the grant programs for purposes of the Government Performance and Results Act (GPRA) of 1993. Grantees funded by OVW report consistent, quantitative data that can be aggregated to reflect the accomplishments of entire grant programs or similar activities across grant programs. In addition, the reporting forms provide qualitative information on grantees' goals, objectives, accomplishments, and remaining areas of need. OVW uses the information collected through these progress reports in different ways including, but not limited to: monitoring individual grantees; providing information to grantees on how their own grant-funded activities and accomplishments compare with others; conducting long-term trend analysis and planning; meeting reporting obligations under GPRA; responding to the Department of Justice's data collection requests related to performance and budget; and reporting to Congress on the OVW grant programs. OVW will enter into a cooperative agreement with a technical assistance (TA) provider to review, clean, and analyze data collected from the progress reports, maintain a database of information from the progress reports, and develop and implement innovative processes so that this information is more accessible and useful to OVW and its grantees. The TA provider will provide ongoing training and technical assistance to OVW grantees on collecting data to assess their own performance and meeting the progress reporting form requirements. The TA provider will also develop new progress reporting forms and instructions, as necessary, as well as review and revise existing forms. In addition, the TA provider will assist OVW in the preparation of the Congressional reports mandated by statute as well as additional materials and analyses related to VAWA-grant funded activities as requested by OVW.
|Federal Grant Title:
|OVW FY 2012 Training and Technical Assistance to Support Grantee Reporting
|Federal Agency Name:
|Office of Violence Against Women
|Law Justice and Legal Services
|Type of Opportunity:
|Funding Opportunity Number:
|Type of Funding:
|OVW Technical Assistance Initiative
|Current Application Deadline:
|Oct 15, 2012
|Original Application Deadline:
|Oct 15, 2012
|August 29th, 2012
|Aug 29, 2012
|Nov 14, 2012
|Total Program Funding:
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:
|Expected Number of Awards:
|Cost Sharing or Matching:
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Christina Murray Phone 202-307-0344
[email protected] [[email protected]]
- Similar Government Grants
- • OVW Fiscal Year 2024 Training and Technical Assistance Initiative
- • OVW Fiscal Year 2023 Emerging Issues and Training and Technical Assistance Invitation to A...
- • OVW Fiscal Year 2023 Training and Technical Assistance Initiative Solicitation
- • OVW Fiscal Year 2022 Firearms Training and Technical Assistance Initiative Solicitation
- • OVW Fiscal Year 2022 Measuring Effectiveness Initiative Solicitation
- • FY 2004 OVW Technical Assistance Program
- • FY 2005 OVW Technical Assistance Program
- • OVW FY 2007 Technical Assistance Program Call for Concept Papers
- More Grants from the Office of Violence Against Women
- • OVW FY 2013 Legal Assistance for Victims Grant Program, District of Columbia (DC) Special ...
- • OVW FY 2013 Court Training and Improvements Program: Domestic Violence Mentor Court Initia...
- • OVW FY 2013 National Tribal Protection Order Registry Initiative
- • OVW FY 2012 Domestic Violence Homicide Prevention Demonstration Initiative Technical Assis...
- • OVW FY 2012 Domestic Violence Homicide Prevention Demonstration Initiative