Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (OESE): Comprehensive Centers Program CFDA Number 84.283B
The summary for the Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (OESE): Comprehensive Centers Program CFDA Number 84.283B grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Education, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (OESE): Comprehensive Centers Program CFDA Number 84.283B: Note: Each funding opportunity description is a synopsis of information in the Federal Register application notice. For specific information about eligibility, please see the official application notice. The official version of this document is the document published in the Federal Register. Free Internet access to the official edition of the Federal Register and the Code of Federal Regulations is available on GPO Access at: http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/index.html.Please review the official application notice for pre-application and application requirements, application submission information, performance measures, priorities and program contact information. Purpose of Program: The Comprehensive Centers program supports the establishment of no fewer than 20 comprehensive technical assistance centers to provide technical assistance to State educational agencies (SEAs) that builds their capacity to support local educational agencies (LEAs or districts) and schools, especially low-performing districts and schools; improve educational outcomes for all students; close achievement gaps; and improve the quality of instruction. Regional Advisory Committees: To help inform the Secretary's priorities for the centers funded under this program, the Secretary (in accordance with section 206 of the Education Technical Assistance Act of 2002 (ETAA)) established Regional Advisory Committees (RACs) and charged them with conducting educational needs assessments within the geographic regions served by the 10 Regional Educational Laboratories (RELs) and making recommendations for how those needs might be addressed. The RACs conducted their needs assessments from June 2011 to August 2011 and submitted their reports on regional needs and recommendations for how to address those needs to the Secretary on November 15, 2011. The full RAC reports are available at: http://www2.ed.gov/programs/newccp/resources.html. Potential applicants for the centers are encouraged to consider the results of these needs assessments and the recommendations contained in the RAC reports when preparing their applications.Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) Number 84.283B.Applications for grants under the Comprehensive Centers program, CFDA number 84.283B, must be submitted electronically using the Governmentwide Grants.gov Apply site at www.Grants.gov. Through this site, you will be able to download a copy of the application package, complete it offline, and then upload and submit your application. You may not email an electronic copy of a grant application to us.You may access the electronic grant application for the Comprehensive Centers program at www.Grants.gov. You must search for the downloadable application package for this program by the CFDA number. Do not include the CFDA number's alpha suffix in your search (e.g., search for 84.283, not 84.383B). On June 6, 2012, we published in the Federal Register (77 FR 33564) a notice inviting applications for new awards using fiscal year (FY) 2012 funds for the Comprehensive Centers program (2012 notice). The 2012 notice erroneously listed deadline dates for intergovernmental review under Executive Order (EO) 12372 and its implementing regulations in 34 CFR part 79. The Secretary had decided to waive the EO 12372 review of the 2012 notice, as authorized under part 79, but the notice did not reflect that decision. The Secretary made the decision to waive this review because we would otherwise not be able to make timely grant awards for the Comprehensive Centers program for FY 2012. We are correcting the 2012 notice to remove the requirement that applicants submit their applications for intergovernmental review. SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION: We make the following corrections: 1. On page 33564, first column, under the heading DATES, we are removing the last sentence, which reads ``Deadline for Intergovernmental Review: October 4, 2012''. 2. On page 33567, second column, under the heading ``3. Submission Dates and Times'', we are removing the last sentence, which reads ``Deadline for Intergovernmental Review: October 4, 2012''. 3. On page 33567, second column, under the heading ``4. Intergovernmental Review'', we are removing the second sentence.
|Federal Grant Title:||Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (OESE): Comprehensive Centers Program CFDA Number 84.283B|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||ED-GRANTS-060612-001|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Comprehensive Centers|
|Current Application Deadline:||Aug 06, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 06, 2012|
|Posted Date:||Jun 06, 2012|
|Creation Date:||Aug 15, 2012|
|Archive Date:||Sep 05, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:||$50,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||22|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible Applicants: Research organizations, institutions, agencies, institutions of higher education, or partnerships among such entities, or individuals, with the demonstrated ability or capacity to carry out the activities described in this notice.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Julius Cotton ED Grants.gov FIND Systems Admin. Phone 202-245-6140 firstname.lastname@example.org Program Manager: Fran Walter U.S. Department of Education, 400 Maryland Avenue SW., room 3W115 Washington, DC 20202-0001 or by email: email@example.com.
e-Mail: Program Manager [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (OESE): Comprehensive Centers (CC) Program CF...
- • Comprehensive Centers
- • Comprehensive Centers--Great Lakes West Region
- More Grants from the Department of Education
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance on State Data Collection: National Technical Assistance C...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance on State Data Collection--National Technical Assistance C...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Leadership Development Programs: Increasing the Capacity of Leaders to Improve...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance and Dissemination To Improve Services and Results for Chi...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance and Dissemination Center for the Development and Implemen...